Erotic Tarot Decks - Decameron/Casanova/Others?

ChelseaWaters

Hi,

I was just wondering if any of you has the Decameron/Casanova deck and if so what do you think of it and which is better?

I stumbled upon the Decameron deck for the first time today and was drawn to it realizing how lovely it would be to own a deck like it.

Let me know if you have other recommendations for other erotic decks available!

crystalrose

I don't have either one of those. But I do own the Manara and I love it. It gives great readings for me. Not tarot, but I also have the Eros oracle and that one has been extremely accurate too. Erotic decks are fun. :)

feynrir

I've always wanted the Decameron! I think you may have sparked an enabling within me...

The only erotic deck I have is the Manara, as well. I think something about the playful and fantastic images really brought me to purchase that one when I wanted to see an erotic deck. The black borders set off the images gorgeously, and the courts are all really lively and expressive. The deck is magnetic; fit and sexy with a sense of humor. I give it a hearty recommendation if you're looking for a personal opinion.

However, I will say that it has WAY more (usually very idealized) women than men. If that frustrates you then a different pick might be up your alley. Personally, I think the art is gorgeous, and I'm happy with that :)

Final note, the Casanova has just never appealed to me, and I don't know why.

Arania

Tarot Erotico dei Giardini
Tarot Erotica

I suppose the Lunatic could also count although I find it more disturbing than erotic.

Oni

I have owned the Manara, Decameron and the Casanova.

I have always liked the Decameron the best. Mainly it has a smoother more relaxed type feel. The art is more realistic also and shows all types of sexual interactions. I guess the concept of perverted medievals appeals to me! Like a retro Benny Hill type thing. he hee.

The Manara is more hmm unrealistic situations which does not appeal to me as much. But it is nice also. Very modern and is multicultural which is a plus.

Casanova i just did not like. The masks mixed with sexual things does not appeal to me at all. But that is just me. I like those Venise carnival masks and those ceramic clowns that look like that and the deck has those type of images that i do not connect to eroticness at all.

I would sum it up like this

Decameron-Medieval Times Erotic-British

Casanova-Renaissance -Italy Erotic

Manara-Modern Times Erotic-American, maybe Westernized China

Espeon

I own the Manara, Decameron, and Sensual Goddess tarot decks. That's what I have in terms of erotic tarot. Out of the 3, the SG is probably the easiest to read from. It follows the RWS formula but with photographs of naked ladies. [emoji14] Surprisingly the author makes it work well and it's one of my favorites in my entire collection (I own too many tarot/oracles to count). :D

I appreciate the Manara and Decamereon too. The latter being used slightly less but still maybe about once a week. I do have to say this about the Manara though; I don't like the back designs that much. I feel the author could have picked a better design more suited to the deck as a whole.

Mittkait

I have both decks.

The Decameron is raunchy in a very comical way for many of the cards. There are a few in it that are a bit disturbing though. I'm not a fan of the deck's fool card, it seems creepy to me in the situation depicted.

The Casanova is not as explicit and it has a more romantic feel.

earthair

I think of the Royo Dark Tarot as an erotic deck- well I certainly wouldn't read for others with it :D
Imagine if the 2 of cups came up...

Oni

karma sutra tarot, yes i had that one also!

that one is very graphic