Lunar Fire Tarot folded

The Happy Squirrel

I am a backer and I can't express how sorry I am that you are in this situation.

:(

I will keep an eye out for any circulating Lunar Fire artwork in the near and distant future. If any of us spotted anything I am sure we will bring it to everyone's attention here expediently.

If you have any copies of any of the artwork that you have with you, I wonder if it might be useful to share those here, so that we can clearly see what artwork too look out for. Please do watermark them extensively of course.

Thank you everyone for the kind words through this ordeal. To clear some of the smoke (because you do all deserve answers).

Nghia and I met years ago when I was a fiverr tarot reader and he was a fiverr artist. It was kind of a freak accident that we ended up creating this deck. It's been a 2-3 year work in progress.

However, the raw files without watermarks were never released to me. I didn't think it was a problem because I wouldn't need them until it came time to print.

He got married around Oct-Nov. We had been working on the project for so long we decided it was time for it to be done with. He gave me a price for the remainder of the cards PLUS cost of living in Vietnam. This would have paid for him to work on the deck and only the deck for two months- which is why he was paid up front.

My idea for a contract was that at the end of the project, he would sign all rights to the artwork over to me (he wanted nothing to do with it after we were done). Since he was in Vietnam and I was in Japan (and now stateside), we felt that this was the easiest way to go about it.

That two months went by and he mentioned arthritis. Then he mentioned computer failures. Then health issues in his family. We were already way behind because of his issues and then in May, all messages ceased. His father was passing and as I am writing this- has recently passed away. HOWEVER- I had already known about this. He had known about this, for months, and I have in his writing that he had been expecting this passing for a while now.

At the end of the day, he had a job to do and I had a promise to fulfill to Kickstarter backers. Since he is no longer responding to me (it's been two months) my only option is to refund the money.

Unfortunately, a large portion was paid to him and he has not responded to my invoices for a return. Kickstarter and processing fees along was a few thousand. I also purchased some of the perks already (Red cloth, postcards, and posters) because I was aware that printing times and shipping could be ridiculous.

Because I dont have any of the raw files, I can't even hire a new artist to pick up where he left off. He has told me over and over that I will get them and I haven't.

I do apologize for the let down. This sucks. I really hate disappointing people and I am just so grateful how understanding everyone has been.

I know the refund is taking a while, but I will be paying a lot of it out of pocket- but if you want one, you will get one. It may just take a few months.

Astilano

I've heard from the artist. Written at Kickstarter page.
Updates for bakers only.
I was not baker of this project becouse i found it later. But i see this deck absolutely amazing.
I do not see closed updates and comments. Is there any chance deck will be published?
What news from artist?

RiverRunsDeep

I've heard from the artist. Written at Kickstarter page.
Updates for bakers only.
I was not baker of this project becouse i found it later. But i see this deck absolutely amazing.
I do not see closed updates and comments. Is there any chance deck will be published?
What news from artist?

The last update I received was in mid-July. Apparently, Fiona is still working on giving out refunds, yet she has also heard from the artist and plans to continue working with him on this project. So......hmmmm. I suppose there is a chance the deck will get published, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Astilano

Thank you.
This deck is too good to be cancelled.
Still hope for good.

Achlys

Has there been any word about this deck?
I wasn't able to back it on Kickstarter and I'm certainly curious

rylla

She just sent an email that those who paid $100 are going to be refounded in the next 3 month...nothing about continuing the project...

gregory

When I was chatting with her by email she said she hoped to complete it in the end.

And there WAS an update for backers only, which read:
He will be releasing the unwatermarked, ready-for-print files sometime to me tomorrow. He has also mentioned that he will finish this project without further funding on my part. Nghia has every intention to make this right. He could have blocked me and deleted me, but he didn't.

So, I will be continuing to work with him for the remainder of this project. It may take a while, because I want him to be in a mentally well mindset before re-committing to this.

rylla

When I was chatting with her by email she said she hoped to complete it in the end.

And there WAS an update for backers only, which read:

Wasn't that about 2 months ago? I would've expected at least one word of reassurance with her last email (which was a few days ago) that yes, it's still going to happen.

gregory

I think at the moment she is far more concerned with refunds. So would I be if I were one of that $100 tier or more !