modern decks without illustrated pipcards

Thoughtful

I did, a few times. Didn't give me much information, at least not very detailed.

I'm not embarrassed to ask a question that I don't know the answer to or haven't found sufficient information on but I appreciate your condescending tone. Isn't a forum where you ask questions about a topic and get answers for that topic from like-minded people? If I'm wrong about that, too, please let me know ✌

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Don't ever be embarrassed to ask questions here. l did find the reply you earlier read to be a bit flippant to say the least. We are here to help each other, to learn, communicate and also have fun. l probably asked the dumbest of questions when first on here, but l only met with lovely people who gladly answered :)

amandasargeant

Don't ever be embarrassed to ask questions here. l did find the reply you earlier read to be a bit flippant to say the least. We are here to help each other, to learn, communicate and also have fun. l probably asked the dumbest of questions when first on here, but l only met with lovely people who gladly answered :)
Thank you! I'm not at all embarrassed! I, too, agree that is what we're here for and that's what forums are for in general. I don't ask a question unless I really don't know the answer even after looking it up. It's not like i asked "what's a tarot card" or something. I fiund it to be condescending and rude but oh well, that's life on the internet. I appreciate your response to my original question, i now know what a pip card is! Many blessings xx.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

rwcarter

Moderator Note

A reminder of the Forum Rules appears to be needed, especially
Respect Our Members

We are a Tarot-focused discussion forum for people of varying ages, nationalities, cultures, spiritualities and Tarot beliefs. Please write in clear English, remember your Netiquette, and read over your messages before posting in order to avoid possible misunderstandings.

Play nice while you're here. We ask that you refrain from discussing political topics: having a worldwide membership, we also have a diverse range of political opinion.

No flaming, baiting, insults, mocking, harassment or solicitation of other members on the forum in posts or images, or via private message. Lack of respect for other members our these rules will result in post removal and/or temporary or permanent suspension of all member privileges.

No posts have been removed, but further disrespect of other members will be handled appropriately.

nuttyprofessor

Really thanks for your efforts, but unfortunately there is no deck that can satisfy me. I have one deck, and that is the ISIS Tarot de Marseilles. I am very fond of the TdM, but there are two things that I see as a weakness. The Empress does not express the mother archetype, as I would have liked. The other thing is that I am using reversals, and some pipcards can only be determined by watching for the little subscript of the publisher. There is one other deck that I really like, and that is the tarot by Paul Foster Case (yes, golden dawn inspired). However, you have to color the cards yourself, and as a consequence there is no coating.

I hope this thread will be useful for other readers.

nisaba

Really thanks for your efforts, but unfortunately there is no deck that can satisfy me.

That's a bit of a sweeping statement. You have looked at every deck in the world? :bugeyed:

AnemoneRosie

Also, by "modern" you're sort of saying "not TdM-style" because it's by definition not very modern. If you are looking for TdM-style I'd say something along the lines of the Tarot Noir.

I suspect that you've not yet looked at my other suggestion since that deck has only been out for a month and doesn't yet have much press around it, let alone pictures ;)

Eric in NJ

Jungian comes to mind.

The outstanding Mary Packard Visconti-Sforza comes to mind also, but it meets no definition of "modern".

Eric.

Luna's Crone

I have to say, some decks have beautiful non-illustrated decks. But i am disliking the frequency in which they are showing up. I have an awful time reading those. I need the illustrations. They don't have to keep strictly to the type of scene of rws. But give some feel to the cards.