Lenormand Cards Needed...!!!

Sammie

When I order from Mr. Somerville it usually takes at least two weeks - I live in Colorado. It takes at least 10 days from Alida. If you use the cheaper method of shipping from Mr. Somerville it will take even longer.

With the current exchange rate for the dollar things are quite expensive from Europe - be sure to figure that in with the costs.

If you order from House of Tarot it will arrive in just 2 to 3 days - they are super fast at shipping out and use Priority Mail.

Essjay

jrr01 said:
If i order from Somerville which is in England, or Alida from Italy, how long with it take to arrive to the USA (texas) & I checked on House of tarot and the shipping to Texas is $6.99

I think Somerville is in France, he's got a graph on his website explaining the different postage rates and times. I think that it takes 9 weeks in economy but priority is about two weeks - I'm just going by memory.

Essjay

Le Fanu said:
No! No book. I bought it in Barcelona. Its a French edition and the LWB is in French, which is V frustrating as I don´t read French.

By the way, if you order the Lo Scarabeo French Cartomancy set, you can order it with or without book (maybe it´s this that you´re referring to in your post?). Forget the book; sheer guff. The deck stand up on it´s own. It´s bigger than the Mystical though, which is a lovely size...

Yes, I've ordered the Lo Scarabeo but no companion book just the LWB. I think it's in a multitude of languages, I'll let you know. The book I've ordered is the Sylvie Steinbach book but having said that, it's coming from an Amazon seller and there's no sign of it 9 days later....

The Mystical is a brilliant size, you can actually take it with you anywhere.

Essjay

My cards have arrived already and both sets are gorgeous. Has anyone else noticed how the French Cartomancy cards feel old despite the fact they are brand new. I'll be useless in a thread asking to choose between them. I can't recommend Mr Somerville highly enough, a really excellent service.

Gavriela

Essjay said:
I think Somerville is in France, he's got a graph on his website explaining the different postage rates and times. I think that it takes 9 weeks in economy but priority is about two weeks - I'm just going by memory.

The longest it's taken me to get a package from Mr Somerville (economy) is 2 weeks - and that's to Canada. It takes ages to get packages from the States here, but from Europe it's usually 4 to 10 days.

Akuts

Essjay said:
Has anyone else noticed how the French Cartomancy cards feel old despite the fact they are brand new.

Yes! I only received mine yesterday, but I'm in love with it already. It looks and feels wonderful, and it's the perfect size. :)

jrr01

Anyone know how long it takes to get to the USA (Texas)?

Le Fanu

It makes me happy to see all these AT-ers receiving and loving their new Lenormands. Im just getting into Lenormand myself and feel Im in good company with other learners!

After professing that one Lenormand was enough, I am now the shameless and brazen owner of five!

French Cartomancy, Mystical Lenormand, Red Owl and Blue Owl (but these last ones are rediscovered vintage sets I bought 25 years ago and then lost) and the Grand Jeu Astro-mythological Lenormand (does that count? Not strictly Lenormand, but carries the brand-name ;))...

Nice to see others enjoying their decks, particularly the French Cartomancy. I love this: but can't help feeling it will improve once the pristine white borders get a bit grubbier. It looks so authentically old, then the borders are just a bit too white against the images on the cards...

Sammie

jrr01 said:
Anyone know how long it takes to get to the USA (Texas)?

I live in Colorado - very near Texas. It takes at the very least two weeks to get an order from Mr. Somerville in France (plus the shipping is very expensive). If you order the French Cartomancy from Amazon you will have in in less than a week and if you order a deck from House of Tarot you will have it in a couple of days.