Tarot Mucha

Cocobird55

I agree -- it is a fabulous deck.

Rhapsodin

I still haven't managed to get myself enthusiastic about this deck - partly because I love Mucha's art, not just his poster - he was pretty accomplished otherwise. I bought the deck for the art. As far as I could see none of the cards were damaged. I haven't looked at the surfaces. It's been stuck in the cupboard ever since.

I wish they'd done more to simulate the chromolithography that surely would have been used for printing his original work.

It's my fervent hope that LS don't do Maxfield Parrish, another favourite artist, a disservice.

Tibor

I love it but I wish The Magician was portrayed as male. I can not come to terms with a female Magician as it does not make sense for me in terms of the traditional balanced pairs (The High Priestess with The Magician, Emperor+Empress etc). I need to see a gender balance otherwise it will not work for me+so many of the Minor Arcana are also portrayed by female characters (although that does not bother me that much) but The Magician..... I just can not get use to it (call me old fashioned)

Le Fanu

(call me old fashioned)
I am old fashioned and the Mucha presses all the right buttons. I also don't like imbalance in my decks but I don't feel it here at all. That was my initial worry as people associate Art Nouveau with femininity and it could be all supine nymphs and not much more but I like the male characters in this deck and havent been bothered to date with the female Magician.

Hemera

I still haven't managed to get myself enthusiastic about this deck - partly because I love Mucha's art, not just his poster - he was pretty accomplished otherwise. I bought the deck for the art. As far as I could see none of the cards were damaged. I haven't looked at the surfaces. It's been stuck in the cupboard ever since.

I wish they'd done more to simulate the chromolithography that surely would have been used for printing his original work. .
My sentiments exactly! My deck also sits in the cupboard.. I can´t get over a few cards either, but especially the Sun with it´s malevolent and odd face is too creepy for me. I have been thinking of ways to alter it, maybe just color over the whole thing. What does the sun need a face for anyway..

MoonGypsy

i really want to like this deck...as i love Mucha.:heart:

So far, i just haven't been able to get off the fence...

i have looked at pics, read reviews and watched enthusiastic youtube vids...

But still, something keeps holding me back...

Padma

The same happened to me, MoonGypsy, though I did end up getting it. I like it, but in a lukewarm kind of way. It is pretty enough, the card stock is nice enough, and it is easy on the eye, the box is nice, but I still feel kind of neither nor about it. It is not the deck I reach for first.

I don't regret getting it, really, but it just doesn't really generate the feeling in me it does for others here. Dunno! I guess you could say I feel impartial about it.

KristinCali

I love the look of this deck but I just can't get over the swirly borders and the waste of white space? That doesn't bother anybody else?

Cocobird55

The borders and swirls don't bother me -- I don't even notice them. The deck is easy for me to read with.