USG Cagliostro Editions

Le Fanu

Umbrae said:
Both of my current red backed Italian versions came opened with no lwb.

One in a Cartomanzia 184 box

Just for the record (seeing as you got one of these from me in a trade), the Cartomanzia 184 didn´t come with a LWB when I received it from Italy.

My Blue Box, red backed, English version, published by Modiano (1981), came with a US Games LWB

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
My Blue Box, red backed, English version, published by Modiano (1981), came with a US Games LWB
My blue box, red backed, Italian version published by Modiano has a GWB (great white book, although it's actually red covered in this case :D) in Italian by Docteur Marius titled "Il Destino Svelato dal Tarocco."

emmsma

I don't have the box for my Cagliostro, but the LWB has the Stamford address and it has the blank card.

It says the copyright is 1981. That is about when I bought it.

rwcarter

Thanks emmsma! Can you check what the numbers are on the inside cover of the LWB, specifically what the last number is in the series 10 9 8 7...? Every little bit of info helps to fill in the puzzle.

Rodney

emmsma

The Numbers are: 10 9 8 7 6 5 4

rwcarter

Thanks again emmsma. You have the printing in between the two I have. So if USG did stop including the blank card, they apparently did it with the later printing that I have.

emmsma

Glad I could help.

Abrac

Umbrae

I found a site with some large images so you can see the keywords. It looks like Kaplan went through and "Americanized" a lot of them. Have you noticed ISXIS on The Moon card? What's up with that? Apparently Dr. Marius or whoever couldn't find an English word for it; Kaplan renders it "Danger."

The scans at this Website have clearly been digitally altered, but they show these cards in an entirely new light. They show a potential that doesn't seem to have been reached. As they are they are a little cartooney, but it could be a really awesome deck (the majors at least) if someone did a large version with different color tones.

rwcarter

Abrac,

Why do you think the images have been digitally altered?

They look like my USG Cagliostro.

emmsma

Yep. Images look like the real deal to me.