The Mutation Tarot Kickstarter

gregory

Well OK - opinions differ :) But the double border - and the sheer width of it - are NOT OK !

Zipgun

Well OK - opinions differ :) But the double border - and the sheer width of it - are NOT OK !

Agreed. The illustrations are very nice. Solve the border issue and I think he has a winner. Lot's of RW clones are popular and this one is different enough that people will want it.

mutationtarot

Great feedback here! Thank you! I've posted in the other thread to see if anyone knows of a printer that does custom sizes.

I'd played around with increase the artwork slightly with a single border but to fit it on regular card size it was still a huge border. You can see that here:
border.jpg

This one is with a minimal border, but the card size is 2.5" x 5":
border-less.jpg

rwcarter

I like either of the other borders better than the huge double border currently on the deck. Is there a particular reason that you made your cards so long and narrow?

Rodney

gregory

The minimal border is a HUGE improvement. The other - isn't :(

But as Rodney says - it is an unusual shape. I can live with that - can your printer ? I do have other long skinny decks. They're fine. If that's the shape images you want - PLEASE run with long thin cards and the skinny border.

feynrir

^ Gotta agree with gregory. :)

mutationtarot

Is there a particular reason that you made your cards so long and narrow?

Rodney

The only answer I can come up with, is they wanted to be long and narrow ;) Seriously though, when I started doing the art for each one that size seemed very appealing and I was drawn to it.

I'm going to let the Kickstarter run and if by some miracle I make the goal for printing I'll add a stretch goal for printing at 2.5" x 5". I was in contact with a Chinese printer originally who said they could do that size at a ridiculous low price. But then, after like 6 months, I got an email from some other guy at the same company telling me that the previous guy was fired for doing business outside the company and the whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way. They wanted a minimum of 1000 decks too.

So then we checked out some U.S. based printers and all the ones we could find did a standard size deck. That's when the borders happened and we did a few test decks. The quality is great on those but the cost is really high unless you order a lot of them.

gregory

You have PM. It may work :D

mutationtarot

Hey folks,

So I've gotten word back from MakePlayingCards.com that they DO custom sizes.

How many of you would be interested in this deck if the border was very thin on a 2.5" x 5" card? Since I can get printing squared away on this, I was thinking of offering a special reward for a deck in this size as opposed to the standard size.

Thanks!

gregory

Me me me me me.

Did I say me ???

I would also be up for picking a different reward in the first place, to get that. As in $25 - the deck as is. $40 - the deck in the other size.