Deck With More than 78 Cards?

Grizabella

Try the Tea Leaf Oracle. It has 200 cards. :)

nisaba

Call me crazy, but sometimes I think my trusty Rider Waite deck just doesn't have enough cards sometimes...

I'd like to know, are there any decks out there -- with an extra set of cards -- that widen the interpretations you can extract from the cards?

The Cary-Yale Visconti, one of the earliest decks of all predating all the Marseilles decks, has 86. In later generations, we became sexist, and removed the female Knights and female Pages that this supposedly primitive deck had.

The Valentina Visconti has 88.

Many MRP decks have an extra Major Arcana card.

Some decks have an added Happy Squirrel Card.

I think the Fool should go, and be replaced with a "Barbarian" for know-nothing beginnings and a "Jester" for knowing-but-untouched innocence. So any deck I design will have those.

I am curious to know wshy you think your RW doesn't have enough cards. The cards are very versatile - they have to be, if there are only seventy-eight (or eighty or ninety or even two hundred) of them, and yet they have to be able to express all the nuances and differences in the lives of millions of individuals. Which I find they do. Where do you find a deficiency in your deck?

IndigoViolet

Call me crazy, but sometimes I think my trusty Rider Waite deck just doesn't have enough cards sometimes...

I'd like to know, are there any decks out there -- with an extra set of cards -- that widen the interpretations you can extract from the cards?

Are you dealing with readings from RWS that is not complete enough no matter how much cards you've drawn? Getting an advanced deck might be able to fix that.

Madrigal

Fifth Tarot has an extra suit, that of Ether, bringing the card total to 92.

Achlys

I have decks that have extra cards, like the beautiful creatures tarot or the silhouettes tarot. The extra cards tend to have their own interpretations and meanings and are treated as another card within the deck.

Enlightenment23

The newly released (and sold out) Tarot D: The Didactic Tarot has 102 cards! There is an extra suit (the suit of Pause) as well as two extra cards in each of the elemental suits.

Also check out The Lost Tarot by Dominic Murphy -- though it's a "majors only" deck it actually has 54 cards:
"54 (numbered 0 - 53) card pack of just the major arcana cards + the lost tarot occult cards from the misty past...
Strange Arcanas from the ancient legends of Atlantis
and the disturbed mind of Dominic Murphy."

Too bad that Didactic Tarot is sold out -- but this tells me that it's a really good deck if its already flying off the shelves. I'll have to keep an eye on that. I think I'll see if there are any YouTube reviews on it. I totally would like to see what the extra suit is all about and how I can incorporate it into my readings =]

Enlightenment23

Try the Tea Leaf Oracle. It has 200 cards. :)

Grizabella -- I checked this deck out and I'm in love. I think -- like someone else mentioned earlier -- I can use this to supplement my tarot readings. I've always strictly used tarot, but I think I am ready to branch out and use different oracle decks.