Ritual Abuse Tarot...how does it read?

RiverRunsDeep

I am always looking for new additions to my dark deck
collection. :D

So I came across the Ritual Abuse tarot on a different thread.
I'm usually not crazy about black and white or minimalist decks,
but this one really draws me. I'm amazed by the amount of
horror evoked by a few strokes of charcoal.

For those of you who own this deck, how much do you love it,
(or not) ? Do you use it very often for readings? If so, how well
does it read?

Interested to hear your opinions.

Desecrated

Links?

illyria

Damn, that 4 of cups is to die for. I can definitely get on board with this deck from that card alone.

deb13b

Wow that's the stuff of nightmares! And also awesome!

chorphee

I Just ordered it...I couldn't resist... :)

Yelell

Sorry, another unhelpful post, since I do not have the deck. That, however, is what I consider quite dark. (Some darker decks I actually have a hard time taking seriously.). And someone just had to mention the 4 of cups. I don't love the name, but I see this deck in my near future *enablers*

hedface

I do own the deck. "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" was one of my favorite series as a child, so when I learned a tarot deck had been made in the style of the books' artwork I HAD to get it!

This deck is fantastic, even outside of hitting that "nostalgia" nerve. It comes in a great metal tin and a cheeky (if dark) LWB. Example: Death, divinatory meanings: death.

I don't use it often for readings, however. You're correct in that the imagery is so grisly and dark that I don't find myself wanting to use it on a daily basis. However, I do recommend it in general, whether you're a fan of SSTTID, or you're just drawn in immediately by the images.

I'm happy to answer more questions if you'd like!

Edit to add: when I do use it in readings, it is for more serious questions. It reads very well for being so scary!

truelighth

Wow, scary stuff indeed. But somehow also kinda fun. It is beautifully drawn. And I love that Emperor card.

prudence

Wow, it is really well done, and certainly hits the dark notes. The 3 of wands reminds me of some of the imagery from Hannibal, the tv series.