Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Victorian Flower Oracle: Wallflower

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Study Groups

Citizen

.traveller. 
Victorian Flower Oracle: Wallflower

Wallflower
Shyness

Image: A botanist with a love-crazed expression, uproots Wallflower from her wall. She appears flushed and uncomfortable.

To me it speaks of loveliness,
That passes not with youth,
Of beauty which decay can bless,
Of constancy and truth.

But, in adversity's dark hour,
When glory has gone by,
It then exerts its gentle power
The scene to beautify.

Therefore an emblem of affection which is proof against time and misfortune.

This info may be found here
Top   #1
Citizen

Barbaras Ahajusts 

It may be painful, shocking & you may fight to stay away from it, but change is needed to get you out of your safety zone.
Release & follow another's wonderment.

Barbara
Top   #2
Citizen

moderndayruth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by .traveller.
Wallflower
Shyness

Image: A botanist with a love-crazed expression, uproots Wallflower from her wall.
Ok, traveller, thanks for this one, untill reading your post - i was persuaded that's a chimney-sweeper uprooting Wallflower ?! Lol, i know...
And from there i associated this image with William Blake's The Chimney Sweeper ...
Also, in this parts, when i was a kid, seeing a chimney-sweep was considered a great omen of good luck... But, as i read further yours and Barbara's post, i realised that what the card means to me is in tune with what you felt from it/associated it with, so i guess it doesn't really matter how i arrived to that... and that i confused the botanist with a chimney-sweep!
Top   #3
Citizen

.traveller. 

The shovel and collecting case made me think he was a botanist (maybe collector would be a better word). I never thought of a chimney sweep, I guess I associate them with black clothes, blackened faces, and those funny little brushes of Hollywood movie fame.
Chimney sweeps were considered lucky, I imagine it's because they keep your chimney (and the connected house!) from catching on fire.
Top   #4
Citizen

moderndayruth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by .traveller.
The shovel and collecting case made me think he was a botanist (maybe collector would be a better word). I never thought of a chimney sweep, I guess I associate them with black clothes, blackened faces, and those funny little brushes of Hollywood movie fame.
Chimney sweeps were considered lucky, I imagine it's because they keep your chimney (and the connected house!) from catching on fire.
Lol, i am not sure how i came up with that, i think the collecting case reminded me of chimney sweeper's tools and they are on the roof, so...
(I have over-active imagination.)
Good one on why they are considered lucky!
Top   #5
Citizen

Sophie 

I also saw a chimney sweep - that's how ours (still!) dress in Switzerland...so this image to me meant - "you never know where your luck might come from"! But the botanist works for me as well - and is a better explanation for his love-crazed expression
Top   #6

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.