Jess Karlin is dead!

Sidhe-Ra

What, the review that was written months before the deck actually came out?

Sure. That was fair.

Zephyros

I have subsequently read more threads and the important one about reviewing decks in the forum at all, and I think that these are murkier waters than I would wish to tread.

Sidhe-Ra

I have subsequently read more threads and the important one about reviewing decks in the forum at all, and I think that these are murkier waters than I would wish to tread.

Surely you agree that a review should be done once the product actually exists by someone who has actually seen and used the product?

gregory

Surely you agree that a review should be done once the product actually exists by someone who has actually seen and used the product?

Er - actually - seen - yes. Used - not necessarily. There are decks I have that I know I can't effectively use.

Zephyros

What I think of that, is of no consequence. Although I was a member then, I was not active in the forums at that time, so there's no point in igniting that match again.

However I do feel that, regardless of who this person is (as I said, I only found out about his existence two days ago), even if he were Hitler, 30+ pages of ragging on anyone makes for dull threads, and is hardly a worthy use of anyone's time.

inanna_tarot

And today's phrase is....

am I bothered?

gregory

What I think of that, is of no consequence. Although I was a member then, I was not active in the forums at that time, so there's no point in igniting that match again.

However I do feel that, regardless of who this person is (as I said, I only found out about his existence two days ago), even if he were Hitler, 30+ pages of ragging on anyone makes for dull threads, and is hardly a worthy use of anyone's time.

Given some of the harm and hurt he caused, it isn't that surprising. He actually did effectively destroy a few friendships at one point.

Ross G Caldwell

He could get stalky at times, which is why I blocked all mail from him at one point.

To find out he was an alter-ego or whatever, makes it even creepier.

cirom

As you said you only found out about this character a couple of days ago. So presumably you haven't been on the receiving end of his crap. So with all due respect its somewhat easier for you to dismiss the potential for "ragging" than it is from those who have.

Personally I hope it doesn't drag on for 30+ pages, as people like him live for that attention. So beyond this I probably won't add more. But in the event it does continue you can of course choose to ignore the dullness of it.