Aeclectic Tarot

Minderwiz

Thanks tmgrl2 - If you find anything we post difficult to follow (and its ease to get carried away with astrobabble) please, please ask. I think the charts offer a chance to understand more about us as a community and our own personal relationships to the community - and of course to Aeclectic itself.

Astraea, Yes, at the very least we have to treat the Moon as the co-ruler of the membership within the Brisbane charts. In the Flossmoor chart the Moon rules the Ascendant and I used it as Solandia's significator in that chart. There are, I think two ways I could adopt the Moon (rather than Venus, the Ascendant ruler) - firstly I could try the Almuten (that is the planet that would be most dignified at that particular degree) unfortunately in this case that would also be the Moon. The second course of action would be to use Jupiter, which signified Solandia in the Flossmoor chart.

Jupiter might be a good choice because it is exalted in Cancer and indeed in some of the earlier degrees it has dignity by Terms as well, making it Almuten for part of Cancer. Does that seem a reasonable choice?

If so there's one other piece of symbolism that is possible. At the time of the first post Jupiter and the Ascendant ruler Venus are in extremely close conjunction (well under a degree) - allowing Venus some role in representing the membership as Ascendant ruler, the chart shows the membership coming together with Solandia at the moment of 'resurrection' Indeed as Venus is applying to the conjunction, the membership are coming to Solandia!

tmgrl2

Just keep it comin' ....I don't understand any of the parts about houses and planets...but that's ok, because as you all go along, you are inserting some great summaries and explanations that I can follow...this is marvelous!

tmgrl2

Minderwiz

Astraea said:
What strikes me immediately about the first post chart (Flossmoor) is that every planet except Saturn is contained within the field of a so-called "Mystic Rectangle" (two trines linked by two sextiles), which noted humanistic astrologer Michael Meyer associates with "incredible capacity for sustained productivity...and synthetic and integrative ability." If that doesn't describe the forum, I don't know what does!

Given our discussion of significaators, I thought I'd look back at the Mystic Rectangle. I notice that the four planets that make up the rectangle are Mercury (which we have taken as the significator of Aeclectic), Saturn, (which we have taken as significator of the server, software and electronic environment), The Moon (which we have taken as at least co-ruler of the membership) and Mars (which I took as the significator of the moderators) The Mystic rectangle links four of the key elements together - When Astraea says that this mystic rectangle describes the forum, she is right in more ways than one.

For the Mystic Rectangle to achieve balance all four planets must work together and support each other - for Aeclectic to achieve balance all four elements must work together and support each other!

Astraea

Minderwiz said:
There are, I think two ways I could adopt the Moon (rather than Venus, the Ascendant ruler) - firstly I could try the Almuten (that is the planet that would be most dignified at that particular degree) unfortunately in this case that would also be the Moon. The second course of action would be to use Jupiter, which signified Solandia in the Flossmoor chart.

Jupiter might be a good choice because it is exalted in Cancer and indeed in some of the earlier degrees it has dignity by Terms as well, making it Almuten for part of Cancer. Does that seem a reasonable choice?
Minderwiz, I think that sounds very reasonable, indeed. I continue to be amazed by how blessed we are to have these three well-timed charts to work with, as they are tremendously educational and brimming with information. One of the things that strikes me repeatedly in the matter of significators is the degree of identification that exists between Solandia and the membership. This is how things operate in cyberspace, to be sure, but it seems to be very pointedly -- and poignantly -- true in the case of Aeclectic.

lou

I hope you don't mind, I'm going back to the 'publication chart' to add a few considerations that came to my mind these days.

At a very superficial, overall first view, I was struck by the two charts - publication and first posts - difference in terms of shape.
First post charts aspects, which form the so-called 'Mystic Rectangle', seem to me as having the grace and refinement of a well-cut gem. It made me think about something very harmonious, tremendously well balanced and almost close to its utter perfection.
Publication chart seem far away from this. Its aspects form a quite unshaped pattern, something quite untidy, messy-up. I can't barely see any 'elegance' here, but a rough plot of lines. At some extent, it recalled me some 'action painting' manner and the vividness and liveliness that go along with this kind of artistic expression.

Well, going back to a more pragmatic speech :)-), I then noticed that in the publication chart, the libra/aries axis is intercepted.
I've read somewhere that, whenever a sign is intercepted in a chart, its quality is indeed very present but has some problem to show up into the real, as if the manifestation of its fundamental nature, though still possible, were yet very problematic and called forth a deep self effort to achieve.

I read the publication chart, for all the considerations above and along with its 'fiery' mercury at 'wild' first degree of aries, and its seventh enclosing this sign, as a powerful matrix for future developpements - I agree here with Minderwiz idea of publ. chart being a matrix for its etherical projections (the first post ones) (and more maybee..) - a rather unstable configuration which brings inside a considerable amount of energy ... possibly, this is what all 'big things' requires to come to world - whether the first posts ones are the mature arrangement of this first burst.

Both first posts charts retain clues of this aries/libra theme dynamic.
The Flossmoor one has embodied it through its ascendent in libra - giving the idea this incarnation will be under the sign of 'harmony' after all - and the seventh house cusp in aries; Brisbane one having perfectionist, order bringing saturn (which is as we all know in exaltation in libra) right on its ascendent and mars - aries again - in its seventh.

Astraea

Lou, these are excellent points. I agree that the First Post charts do look like well-cut gems, whereas the energy of the Publication chart appears to be more irregular and dynamic in a somewhat "raw" way. The Aries-Libra interception struck me, too. Some astrologers feel that intercepted signs have difficulty expressing themselves, whereas others think that interceptions show energies that have above-average drives to manifest. I have noticed that interceptions often act like "squeaky wheels," functioning in an unadapted manner until they are given appropriate outlets ("acting out" or reacting, versus conscious activity and response).

Moongold

I noticed this morning that Strange2, who made the Flossmoor post, was here this morning. He is still a regular forum contributer. :)

Astraea

...and a brilliant part of Aeclectic's astrological legacy!

starsongs

More thoughts on the Aries/Libra axis

lou, your post on Aries/Libra being intercepted in the first chart, is really interesting...so decided to look at the 3rd chart (august 5th Brisbane) to see the Aries/Libra connection there. With Libra on the 5th (of a Sun in Leo chart) and Aries on the 11th (considering a gathering group like this, along with Uranus [natural ruler 11th] in Aquarius) and the NN/SN 1st to 7th houses this axis is still really emphasized, though in a different way.

Really striking to me is the position of Uranus in Aquarius as the most elevated planet in the 9th house and its connection to both Libra and Aries. In the esoteric system, Uranus is the soul ruler of Libra and the Hierarchical ruler of Aries. It would seem this would really heighten the level of inspiration available within this group, as well as promote new self/other understandings that may be forerunners of future group structure.

What great aspects Saturn has to it!

:)

starsongs

Minderwiz

The Aries/Libra intercept is indeed an interesting feature of the chart. I must admit to being rather 'unsure' about interceptions.

The reason is that they are a feature of House systems rather than Planets and Signs.

For example, if Koch Houses are used on the Chart, Libra rules the second and Aries the eighth - it is the Scorpio/Taurus axis that is intercepted. With Porphyry there are no interceptions, this is also the case with Alacabitius, and the Equal House and whole sign systems. The remaining House systems intercept Libra/Aries.

So is interception important? My feeling is yes - because the House system used actually means that the intercepted axis is not expressed in the interpretation and therefore needs to find other ways to express itself - if you ignore it, it won't go away. All the sign axes need to be considered in the reading and in the very earliest interepretations they were.

The Aries/Libra axis is one of the two most important axes, the other being Cancer/Capricorn (the Solstices) - Leaving such an important axis out is bound to distort the interepretation in some way.

On Natural Rulers - Starsongs comments are very interesting. Furthermore there are a variety of ways of looking at natural rulers - on a sign basis the traditional 'natural' ruler of the eleventh is Saturn, ruler of Aquarius - Saturn is in the first House of the Brisbane first post. Alternatively, there is a system of natural rulers based on the Chaldean order of planets, in which Saturn rules the first and it is placed there in this chart, through to the Moon ruling the seventh and then beginning again with Saturn ruling the eighth. The natural ruler of the eleventh would be Venus (which actually rules the 5th/11th axis in this system) - Venus again is in the first House of the Brisbane chart. Both of these suggest that the community is with Aeclectic at the moment of its birth - there is a ready made membership (which there was). Treating Venus as natural ruler, it signifies the membership in the Flossmoor chart (through Strange2) and is natural ruler of the eleventh of the community and the fifth of hobbies/pastimes (such as Tarot and Astrology). Venus therefore brings together the members into a community which shares a hobby/enthusiasm.

The various approaches to natural House rulership and interception tease out more nuances of meaning and interest.