Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Saturn return stories

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Astrology


 
junethird's Avatar
junethird  junethird is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Apr 2012
Location: In space
Posts: 11,922
junethird 

Sorry littleone!!!

Oops i dont want to derail the thread by going off topic. But all this baby talk does tie in with saturn returns. The general simple theory is A good placed Saturn grants and a malefic saturn restricts and or denies for a period. But aspects to saturn aswell as how tight the orb is, are very important.
Top   #41
Minderwiz's Avatar
Minderwiz  Minderwiz is offline
Student of Astrology
 
Join Date: 20 Apr 2002
Location: Wigan, UK
Posts: 7,888
Minderwiz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by junethird View Post
Sorry littleone!!!

Oops i dont want to derail the thread by going off topic. But all this baby talk does tie in with saturn returns. The general simple theory is A good placed Saturn grants and a malefic saturn restricts and or denies for a period. But aspects to saturn aswell as how tight the orb is, are very important.
Yes, I was wondering about the detour but it is a very interesting topic. What you might consider is starting another thread based on the discussion so far. There are already three of you involved and it's possible a new thread will bring some additional contributors. It would also give you room to consider natal and conception charts in more detail. I don't want to enforce that, though, it's good to see the interest and discussion, so carry on if you don't fancy the new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandMaud
For my own interest (if I ever get round to comparing my three childbirths in my own life, if 'childbirths' is a valid word ), would that be the chart at conception or the child's birth chart?
According to Ptolemy the conception chart is the best because it allows the entire life, including the part before birth to be considered. The problem he said was actually coming up with an accurate timing. There are traditional ways of approximating it but that's all they are (unless you were actually trying for conception and kept notes).
Top   #42
MandMaud  MandMaud is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 6,205
MandMaud 

@ junethird and Minderwiz, if a natal/conception charts thread is started, I'll follow with interest and join in with questions, but I'm not going to be doing much "charting" myself now that I know it will take so much of it! I was thinking of casting a chart for conception (and/or birth) and looking at transits with my own natal chart, that's all - and I have three births to consider/compare which I hope would show some similarities, that would be the most fascinating thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
According to Ptolemy the conception chart is the best because it allows the entire life, including the part before birth to be considered. The problem he said was actually coming up with an accurate timing. There are traditional ways of approximating it but that's all they are (unless you were actually trying for conception and kept notes).
I was afraid you'd say conception! Makes sense. No, no notes in my case.
Top   #43
celticnoodle's Avatar
celticnoodle  celticnoodle is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Aug 2006
Location: across from spook hill
Posts: 29,152
celticnoodle 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
I've been following your discussion with junethird with real interest. I've not wanted to 'put my oar in' with some comments because it will simply muddy the waters for you - it's confusing enough for a beginner to make sense of the issues with one guide, having two is just a recipe for disaster LOL.

If anything comes of your investigation, or even if it doesn't, it would be interesting to run a thread on it, providing your OK with posting the charts (or better still disclosing the natal details). That would make it easier for junethird and others to comment.
I was/am hoping to work on it today, as it SHOULD be rather quiet here today and not much for me to do besides enjoy myself. However, having read the rest of the posts I have below--I am not sure I'll get much done with my charting--at least not this decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junethird View Post
I would look around conception.

Its a few charts actually and some math is required but look at your natal then the solar return of the birthday year you got pregnant. Then bring up progressed and solar arc charts to see where you actually are. For past births you can also bring in lunar returns. Then of course you have to do it all over again with daddy's chart plus looking into composite charts aswell as progressed composite charts for that time period to see how your combined planet energies helped or didnt basically. Its alot and can be quite confusing. But start with your natal chart and look at the condition of your 5H and whats going on there in regards to dignities, power etc. then move on to look at other things... Only one planet snuck into my 5H aswell as 3 retrograde planets are in my 6H, giving me my libra stellium but with major delays. I will be a late mother, but hopefully more mature and wiser and after many tears anout the delays, i accepted that is my path aslong as i get a baby out of the deal. Solar returns, progressed and solar arc charts tell me if my time is getting closer thats the simplest form i can explain it.
Like MandMaud, this may not be totally possible--and definitely not anytime soon with me. First of all, I do no know the time of the fathers birth, and I have been copying his birth information and guessing at the times (constructing a freebie one for each hour first), in an attempt to 'try' and 'guess' at the timing for his birth. We don't even know if it was morning, noonish or night for his birth. I know an hour difference is huge, and I need to go every 15 minutes, but I was hoping that looking at the hours charts would help with the 'possible' timing somewhat. Then, my plan was to go and construct a chart for every half hour in the 24 hour period. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way though? Should I do this for every 15 minute period in the 24 hours of his birthday? Can I disregard his information at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
According to Ptolemy the conception chart is the best because it allows the entire life, including the part before birth to be considered. The problem he said was actually coming up with an accurate timing. There are traditional ways of approximating it but that's all they are (unless you were actually trying for conception and kept notes).
And, er--again, copying MandMaud, no note taking about this. It was a total surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandMaud View Post
@ junethird and Minderwiz, if a natal/conception charts thread is started, I'll follow with interest and join in with questions, but I'm not going to be doing much "charting" myself now that I know it will take so much of it! I was thinking of casting a chart for conception (and/or birth) and looking at transits with my own natal chart, that's all - and I have three births to consider/compare which I hope would show some similarities, that would be the most fascinating thing.



I was afraid you'd say conception! Makes sense. No, no notes in my case.
Yeah, I'm sort of on this same page too, Mand Maud. Its difficult enough trying to read the 'basic' chart of my astrology chart. I am still going to look at it and see what all I can get, but I think with the Saturn Return stuff, even though its fascinating, I think I'm way out of my league. I can totally see why Minderwiz mentioned its for more advance astrologers--at least those who already have the basics down. Heck, I'm still trying to keep each sign in its correct order when I recite them! But, I will still be reading through here, and asking questions and IF I can figure some of it out with the SAturn return--post it here.

Even if I am way out of my league--this thread has been most enjoyable and interesting and helpful. Its also encouraging me to dig a little bit deeper into this subject. I had no idea it could predict so much--and I find this incredibly cool! I wonder if my sister knows about this stuff. She is the 'astrology' nut of our family. I'm going to have to call her and ask her about it too this weekend.
Top   #44
Minderwiz's Avatar
Minderwiz  Minderwiz is offline
Student of Astrology
 
Join Date: 20 Apr 2002
Location: Wigan, UK
Posts: 7,888
Minderwiz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandMaud View Post


I was afraid you'd say conception! Makes sense. No, no notes in my case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle View Post
And, er--again, copying MandMaud, no note taking about this. It was a total surprise......

......Even if I am way out of my league--this thread has been most enjoyable and interesting and helpful. Its also encouraging me to dig a little bit deeper into this subject. I had no idea it could predict so much--and I find this incredibly cool! I wonder if my sister knows about this stuff. She is the 'astrology' nut of our family. I'm going to have to call her and ask her about it too this weekend.
Well Ptolemy did follow up by saying that if there was no accurate conception time (and he said that was usually the case) you use the natal chart

I actually wasn't thinking of you both doing the hard work, I have the Astrology programs (and I guess junethird does too) it's a matter of taking perhaps one or two natal charts and using them to show in outline how you could proceed. I don't even mind starting the ball rolling as I have charts for myself, my wife, my daughter, my son-in-law and my granddaughter.

I'm interested in junethird's approach here as traditionally the seventh house wouldn't be directly considered but it makes sense as it's an indicator of the fertility of the partner. If one or both of you have are prepared to supply natal details, we could use your families too.

I realise that you both might not have the time, so if it's a non-runner just say so. That goes for junethird as well but even more so.
Top   #45
junethird's Avatar
junethird  junethird is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Apr 2012
Location: In space
Posts: 11,922
junethird 

All you have to do is count back 9 months and think about that time period from what i understand most people 'know' when conception happened. They atleast remember the events that led up to 'yup we just made a baby moment´ roughly the month and year helps also to see what was happening astrologically that month. But the more you can narrow it down the better of course.

Yup i use astro.com to look up charts! Its free and easy to navigate for all levels.
Top   #46
MandMaud  MandMaud is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 6,205
MandMaud 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
Well Ptolemy did follow up by saying that if there was no accurate conception time (and he said that was usually the case) you use the natal chart

I actually wasn't thinking of you both doing the hard work, I have the Astrology programs (and I guess junethird does too) it's a matter of taking perhaps one or two natal charts and using them to show in outline how you could proceed. I don't even mind starting the ball rolling as I have charts for myself, my wife, my daughter, my son-in-law and my granddaughter.

I'm interested in junethird's approach here as traditionally the seventh house wouldn't be directly considered but it makes sense as it's an indicator of the fertility of the partner. If one or both of you have are prepared to supply natal details, we could use your families too.

I realise that you both might not have the time, so if it's a non-runner just say so. That goes for junethird as well but even more so.
I love the idea of having this kind of investigation done with my (and my family members') charts! You do sound keen, or I'd feel terribly obliged. I'm happy to supply all natal info that I can.

As for having the time, there are two answers. One is that I never have the time for this kind of luxury. The other is that I'd be silly to say not to this kind of learning opportunity! The way it works with my time is that when I leap enthusiastically into any online conversation, there's a danger I'll drop out suddenly (dodgy health: my available time depends more than anything on energy levels affecting the number of usable hours in a day). If/when that hits, I'll end up making brief comments instead of these interested-sounding ones. But if you're ok with the risk I'm very keen to do this.

You'd better do the starting of that thread, as you know what you're talking about in the "intro" post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junethird View Post
All you have to do is count back 9 months and think about that time period from what i understand most people 'know' when conception happened. They atleast remember the events that led up to 'yup we just made a baby moment´ roughly the month and year helps also to see what was happening astrologically that month. But the more you can narrow it down the better of course.

Yup i use astro.com to look up charts! Its free and easy to navigate for all levels.
I don't know many people who "know" like that... I do remember with one out of my three, having that feeling, but unfortunately I can't look back at any diary to know which date that was!

That's the second time in this thread that I've been reminded of someone I used to know, who had four kids; when asked if that was by choice, she said no: Josh was a drunken Christmas party and Aaron a failed vasectomy...
Top   #47
danieljuk's Avatar
danieljuk  danieljuk is offline
Sad Oracle
 
Join Date: 23 Nov 2011
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,828
danieljuk 

I once saw a female celebrity say things got so bad during her Saturn Return that she moved back home at 28 to her parents! things got better again after that.

Using Mand Maud's great Saturn Return generator, my Saturn return was November 2007 to August 2008. I wasn't into astrology then and I honestly can't remember anything bad about that period! I had a really bad year after that in 2011 but it couldn't have been my Saturn return. I had Saturn in my opposite planet last year and it was pretty difficult for a year but things seem to be improving in my life again but that return period I haven't worked out anything happening then. I must figure out in astrology if anything was going on in 2011! But I only found out about this time which was the return afterwards because of my lack of astrology interest then.

This year I have my 1/4 Saturn cycle, Waxing Square from November to December 2015! will see what happens! It's currently my Jupiter Return in Leo and also not noticing anything happening with that which is positive
Top   #48
MandMaud  MandMaud is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 May 2012
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 6,205
MandMaud 

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle View Post
Like MandMaud, this may not be totally possible--and definitely not anytime soon with me. First of all, I do no know the time of the fathers birth, and I have been copying his birth information and guessing at the times (constructing a freebie one for each hour first), in an attempt to 'try' and 'guess' at the timing for his birth. We don't even know if it was morning, noonish or night for his birth. I know an hour difference is huge, and I need to go every 15 minutes, but I was hoping that looking at the hours charts would help with the 'possible' timing somewhat. Then, my plan was to go and construct a chart for every half hour in the 24 hour period. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way though? Should I do this for every 15 minute period in the 24 hours of his birthday? Can I disregard his information at all?
Sorry, CN, somehow I missed that you'd posted. Doing this is called rectification, and I think the best you can aim for is a "window" of an hour, but Minderwiz (if I remember right) was the one who told me what it's called and more about it. I haven't tried it to any level of detail yet.

Out of one's league - my favourite way of learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljuk View Post
This year I have my 1/4 Saturn cycle, Waxing Square from November to December 2015! will see what happens! It's currently my Jupiter Return in Leo and also not noticing anything happening with that which is positive
Jupiter in Leo is very nearly over. My Sun is Leo and I was going to say I enjoyed the year, but actually looking back I didn't. I did for the first couple of months. Lack of restraint and needing to sit hard on my tendencies to fritter (both time and money) have been more of a theme. Jupiter's widely conjunct my Sun too, both in the 8th house.

And yet again, way off topic! SORRY, LITTLEONE. But I have already put in my own bits of info about Saturn returns. Except that I have a strong instinct something happens in the story of my life, when I'm 56... maybe a little early for the Saturn return... and of course I haven't any evidence yet.
Top   #49
celticnoodle's Avatar
celticnoodle  celticnoodle is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Aug 2006
Location: across from spook hill
Posts: 29,152
celticnoodle 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post


I realise that you both might not have the time, so if it's a non-runner just say so. That goes for junethird as well but even more so.
I've been rather busy the last few days and haven't been here to read anymore posts till tonight. Let me think on it and try also to figure out when the hub was born, so I can provide a better "approximate time" for his birth and I may take you up on this! I also do not know the time of my son in laws birth, and they are not in touch at all w/his mother and I doubt seriously his dad will remember. But, I will see if I can get the information together. It may be awhile, as I am getting busy in another 'project' right now--but this is so interesting, I may just take you up on your offer!
Top   #50




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.