Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

tarot card stands for altars or desks

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Le Fanu 
tarot card stands for altars or desks

I remember a few years ago, shopping at Tarot Chest and seeing wooden two and three-card tarot stands for altars and limited reading spaces. I found a photo with one of the three-card ones on Oakmist Grove's blog, which I have attached below.

I have been unable to find these anywhere. Does anyone have any preferably Europe/UK suppliers or leads?

Or does anyone have any practical ideas/solutions, ways of displaying cards upright in a limited space, like a desk or altar? Not just one card but ideally three. I'm kicking myself for not buying these card displayers when they were in stock. Now I can't find any anywhere. I want to avoid ordering from the U.S because of the risk of custom charges on such a small item
Attached Images

Top   #1
The last in line

Disa 

It seems like I've seen these someplace before. Did you try Etsy?

I used wire business card holders before to display 1 to 3 cards upright on my desk. I found those at Office Depot.

I found these on Etsy, but they are in the USA. They are wooden business card holders. It may give you an idea, though.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2115271...=sr_gallery_15

OR scrabble tile racks? https://www.etsy.com/listing/4782440...=sr_gallery_34
Top   #2
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 

The wooden slotted ones remind me of something my father made for me when I was a child: paper doll stands. They were the same principle as these: little 3-inch sections of planking, rounded into ovals, with slits gouged lengthwise. If you or any of your friends are handy with small carpentry, that may be the way to go, and you can decorate them or not as suits you.

I believe I still have them somewhere (I have my old childhood chest of drawers with all sorts of mementos in it); maybe I should find them and put them to this purpose myself...
Top   #3
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Thanks for the replies. Another idea I had was looking on the flea market for those old-fashioned photo frames, where you would put a photo between two small panes of glass and slot it into a wooden-based frame, but I haven't found any that are of a size three-cards long. I thought that the frame minus the glass might serve as a stand for cards but they are never quite long enough.

I have thought of those wire things from Office suppliers for memos, but don't really like them.

Would cards really stand up in a scrabble base?

I can't believe the person who created those tarot stands just stopped manufacturing them.

I did have a wooden base from a desk calendar which looked like it would serve the purpose, but - again - it only holds one card and anyway, the card leans too far back, isn't upright enough...

I've checked etsy and tried every feasible combination of search keyword and haven't found any - except for a playing card one - but, again, based in the USA.
Top   #4
Citizen

Onion Budgie 

How about this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/e-Raptor-ER...en+card+holder

It's 20cm long, so should do the job.
Top   #5
sporadic magic

Debra 

Here you go, darlin'--curved wooden card holders.
https://www.mileskimball.com/buy-cur...et-of-2-312462
Attached Images

Top   #6
sporadic magic

Debra 

Whoops. You don't want from the US.
A hobby woodworker could make this easily.
Top   #7
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Much like the one debra posted: but amazon uk !
Top   #8
Citizen

Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
A hobby woodworker could make this easily.
I know, I keep thinking this - and if only I had the required skills but - hey - THANK you - between you, you have located exactly what I wanted!
Top   #9
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7011483...home_active_88

I have one of these and use it. She'll even burn the word Tarot, or other, across the base for you.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.