Planet Series: The SUN & Venus

Crystelle

dadsnook2000 said:
Your Sun at 23 Sag, and Venus at 4 Aquarius puts your Venus 41 degrees ahead of the Sun. The sign polarity is the same because Venus is two signs ahead of the Sun. Venus tends to be cognizant of where the Sun is going -- avoiding clashing experiences but seeking to set up or promote values, desires to be fulfilled, relationships and sensitivities that lead to ones future growth. Venus in this position might be an opportunist, availing itself of all that is offered or can be taken.
Dave

People tend to think that I am "lucky" I think that I just take more initiative and see the possibilities in any situation. Uncanny ability to turn anything around in my mind and formulate a situation to make money. It's been my saving grace at times, supporting myself since 18. I also see that I tend to be on the more aloof side when it comes to confrontation. I always thought that that characteristic had to do only with my sun sign of Sag but I guess the relationship makes sense :)

dadsnook2000

Sun-Venus relationship -- A SUMMARY

The Sun is an architypal energizer that INTEGRATES the energies of the planets into the whole meaning of the chart. Like Mercury, Venus is an inner planet relative to the Earth's orbit. Unlike Mercury, Venus has a life outside of the Sun's. We can easily see Venus in the evening or morning sky, even when the Sun is above our local horizon in some cases. Venus also wanders further from the Sun due to its orbit, sometimes being two signs ahead or behind the Sun's sign.

When Venus is located at birth or by transit behind the Sun in terms of zodiac sign position, Venus is covering those signs already covered by the Sun. When Venus is located at birth or by transit ahead of the Sun in terms of zodiac sign position, Venus is experiencing those signs on it own, applying its own imprint upon us. Lets be specific:

A) When Venus is two signs behind the Sun (by zodiac sequence) it is in a sign of the same polarity (positive or negative) -- Venus can adapt easily to the Sun's mode of expression by bringing its values, desires, sense of harmony, balance of the factors surrounding us, and our sensitivities into a fully charged awareness within us.

B) When Venus is one sign behind the Sun (by zodiac sequence) it is in a sign of opposite polarity (positive or negative) -- Venus has to adapt itself to the direction set by the Sun, our Sun, or another's Sun. There might be a sense of reserve or reluctance to easily let one's Venus-functions be shown or expressed easily.

C) When Venus is in the same sign as the Sun there is no conflict of how to express Venus qualities. Venus qualities are intensified, the whole personality is infused with sensitivity to the environment and to one's own values.

D) When Venus moves ahead of the Sun, sign-wise, at birth or by transit, Venus tends to be more free, more experimental and even un-cautious in how it reaches out to others and gathers whatever Venus-things it wants. Being in a sign with an opposite polarity than the Sun, this can bring dis-quieting and exciting experiences into ones personality development.

E) Venus at two signs ahead of the Sun tends to be cognizant of where the Sun is going -- avoiding clashing experiences but seeking to set up or promote values, desires-to-be-fulfilled, relationships and sensitivities that lead to ones future growth.

In this thread we have also listed the Sun-sign and Venus-sign placements and noted both list members and famous people who share those Sun-Venus attributes. This enables us to consider what some of the core meanings might be between common people having those patterns. We have also had the thoughts and feedback of list members on these topics.

Remember this: what I have presented here is actually an exercise to get you to look at the Sun and Venus relationship in new ways, ways which will make sense to you and help you to interpret a birth chart. Again, as always, the idea is to use simple concepts to get a specific picture. My whole intretation process is built upon acquiring several specific and narrow pictures of the persons chart, building up a framework upon which I can later hang a lot of detail. Half a dozen simple pictures, once understood, can literally give you the whole picture. Dave

PS, next we will look at Sun and Mars relationships.

rainwolf

My sun is in sag, venus in scorpio, there is a difference of 6 degrees 51 seconds. sun at 13.37 venus as 6.46.

One sign behind. Yes I would say I hinder my venusian qualities. I fear ridicule so I make some sacrifices in what I buy/do (venusian ways) to try to be "normal" instead of independent and unique. My 'self' and my 'desires' are not cooperating :laugh:

firecatpickles

When Venus is one sign behind the Sun (by zodiac sequence) it is in a sign of opposite polarity (positive or negative) -- Venus has to adapt itself to the direction set by the Sun, our Sun, or another's Sun. There might be a sense of reserve or reluctance to easily let one's Venus-functions be shown or expressed easily.

I am sun in Cancer & Venus in Gemini, 43 deg behind. The above quote describes me pretty well, but not to the point of getting in the way of having successful realtionships. I am lazy about telling people what my needs are, preferring to take care of myself, and to keep to myself.

There are no celebrities listed that have the same relationship.