My First Blushing Fool!!

missy

Oh my! :D I have my first vintage RWS, a Samuel Weiser which I just received.

It is GORGEOUS! :party:

I LOVE the cardstock. I LOVE the colors! :love:

Really, the cardstock is sooo heavenly.

The address on the LWB is 734 Broadway, New York, N.Y. 10003
(with the U.S. Games copyright on page 2 of the LWB at bottom)

NO COPYRIGHT on the cards! Which is what I was really wanting. :heart:

When I got it, I carefully removed the cards from the tuckbox and arranged them in order, and just could not stop staring at the beautiful, beautiful colors!!! and the detail.

Which is when I discovered, I have ~~~MY FIRST BLUSHING FOOL!~~~ :party:

YES! The Fool of Legend, the Fool I had read about, the Fool I was secretly hoping for. I really didn't know which RWS had it, just the "earlier" ones. I had thought, How lovely it would be to have a Fool that was blushing.

The Fool was at the very bottom of the pack, HA! :D So I went through all 77 other cards and arranged them before I found him.

It took quite awhile, as I kept comparing the cards to my 1990s RWS ... wow. No comparison. The colors of the Hermit. The Queen of Pentacles.

After receiving it, it is so precious, I daren't shuffle or read with it! :eek: I LOVE it too much. So I will continue to read with my 1990s RWS for now.

Someone said these earlier ones are magickal.

:heart:

photokat

Which one is the Weiser RWS?

Celice

There's a blushing fool? Could you post a picture?

missy

photokat said:
Which one is the Weiser RWS?

It is a yellow box that was published in the early 1970s. :)

It really is "just another" vintage yellow box as not all of them are copyright free (on the cards, I mean) and not all of them have blushing Fools. There are so many inconsistencies between print runs, etc. I just got lucky. :D

missy

Celice said:
There's a blushing fool? Could you post a picture?

I have a crappy digital camera and no scanner.

But, I do have a pic on my hard drive that I got from I-have-no-idea where. :D ETA: I THINK it was a thread here ... on AT ...

It shows the Blushing Fool (my Fool) on the right and a Cream-Faced Fool on the left.

(I mean by "my Fool" not that that is my card, but that is what is meant by a "blushing Fool.") ;)

Attachments

• BlushingandCream-FacedFools.jpg
    BlushingandCream-FacedFools.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 1,686

photokat

I only have the Blue Box Rider & Son RWS decks without the ©, and my Fools aren't blushing.

AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE SPECIAL ...

: (

missy

photokat said:
I only have the Blue Box Rider & Son RWS decks without the ©, and my Fools aren't blushing.

AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE SPECIAL ...

I LOVE IT ...

But I also REALLY want a BLUE BOX ...

Oh. And a Traveller's! :party:

Debra

Missy, I have both. The scans are accurate. (eta: I don't see the diagonal lines on the "ivory-faced" fool card, though. I think that may be from the scanner...)

The "blushing" fool's face is mottled. Look at his hands and the red feather, too. It's clear that the skin tones are comprised of yellow + red in this deck.

The "ivory" skin tones actually look like a single color of ink, although perhaps it's just a different print run.

missy

Thanks, Debra! :thumbsup:

Debra, are there a total of three types of Fools?

1. The "normal" Fool that we see on an everyday U.S. Games deck
2. The Cream-faced Fool
3. The Blushing Fool

Or is the Cream-faced the same as the normal?

Am I making sense? It's late here. :laugh:

Thankee. :D

missy

Debra said:
(eta: I don't see the diagonal lines on the "ivory-faced" fool card, though. I think that may be from the scanner...)

Ahh, okay. I was wondering about those vertical lines in the Cream-faced Fool! So they aren't really on the card but probably just a scanner thing. :)