Donnaleigh: Who is My Dad? (Paternity).

DownUnderNZer

Interesting....enjoying this immensely.

So, is there a card that means "cheating woman" or are you putting across something like the "flanking card" or "combo" gives an indication as to the "what". I am well aware that Lenormand is all about cards and telling a story.

For example:

Addiction:
WOMAN and MOON: Substance abuse, drug addict, chemical abuse.

Deceit of different kinds:
WOMAN and SNAKE: Deceitful female. Cheating. Not so subtle when it comes to the type of deceit.
WOMAN and FOX: Cheating. Deceitful. Will not know this person is trouble or the one behind the scene of the wrong doing until it happens - even then. :bugeyed:

DND :)

Snake in Belgium doesn't mean the other woman.

Snake often refers to having difficulty to see the material reality, living in a dreamworld, addiction, not seeing things clearly and by that you attract the wrong people. The deception often comes from within...

In combination with the moon: relapse into old bad habits. If moon stands for your profession it doesn't mean that you are a con artist but rather that you do something with chemicals. Or danger of poison at work.

persons card: a practical woman, good in organizing, serious and great sense of responsability, simple clothing, often curvy.

in combination with the key : the importance of imagination, writing stories,...

Torann

Interesting....enjoying this immensely.

So, is there a card that means "cheating woman" or are you putting across something like the "flanking card" or "combo" gives an indication as to the "what". I am well aware that Lenormand is all about cards and telling a story.

For example:

Addiction:
WOMAN and MOON: Substance abuse, drug addict, chemical abuse.

Deceit of different kinds:
WOMAN and SNAKE: Deceitful female. Cheating. Not so subtle when it comes to the type of deceit.
WOMAN and FOX: Cheating. Deceitful. Will not know this person is trouble or the one behind the scene of the wrong doing until it happens - even then. :bugeyed:

I like your woman and fox combo. :) But i don't see fox in terms of "sex" but more as not being honest, and trickery. It's just a feeling.

DownUnderNZer

Bouquet (German) is younger female or younger energy (usually female).

My goodness....

BEAR is "masculine" in the FRENCH system, but then it is also MONEY. FISH is MONEY in Belgium which is the SAME as the German System and WHIP is sex like the French.

All I can say is - as I have been to your country. :D

Maybe as you are between both countries there may have been some crossover with systems.

However, not many cards vary still in meaning, which is actually good.

But for me yes... snake is the other woman (often), someone who wraps herself around someone, or someone with a sharp tongue. But also someone who is quick and fast on their feet. Who prepares herself with patience and then strikes.

money: fish
young woman: child
sex: whip (not the lily)
bouquet: female energy
bear: (to me) male energy

I know... that's what you get when you are self-thaught. :D

Torann

Well Belgium is Absurdistan :D We are proud of our surrealism. :D

DownUnderNZer

Self taught.

How and what kind of resources? If you do not mind my asking.

Well Belgium is Absurdistan :D We are proud of our surrealism. :D

DownUnderNZer

You must have "traditionalists" in your country - what would they perceive as "the other woman?".

You personally use Snake, but it is not generally looked upon as "the other woman" in Belgium as you mentioned before. One card surely must.

Torann

You must have "traditionalists" in your country - what would they perceive as "the other woman?".

You personally use Snake, but it is not generally looked upon as "the other woman" in Belgium as you mentioned before. One card surely must.

I don't know somebody else who reads cards personally... I've read the white booklet once and after that it was trial and error. I was cheated upon by my ex and I always got the snake. :( So yes, to me... I went to a couple of card readers and i kinda stole with my eyes (as we say here). :)

It's only now (last couple of months) that i thought ...hmm... why shouldn't I use google? LOL (really)
And I bought the essential Lenormand book a couple of months ago. Love it. And i like the Donnaleigh video's... i wouldn't always read the cards the same way but i find it interesting to have a different perspective.

DownUnderNZer

Sometimes it is harder for me as I was steeped in traditionalist teachings to start with and I had no books in English and there was nothing on the internet either.

It was really hard going at times with the language limitations and yet I did take to it like a duck to water and thrived on everything about it. LOVED it - so I do have a great respect for it. A deep type of respect which probably borders on protective.

May have to try and look at it like you as in a "different perspective" with other readers if it does not quite seem kosher in my eyes.

Still do not agree with mixing systems though as it is not really necessary.

It now makes me wonder which country views the BEAR as work.

I don't know somebody else who reads cards personally... I've read the white booklet once and after that it was trial and error. I was cheated upon by my ex and I always got the snake. :( So yes, to me... I went to a couple of card readers and i kinda stole with my eyes (as we say here). :)

It's only now (last couple of months) that i thought ...hmm... why shouldn't I use google? LOL (really)
And I bought the essential Lenormand book a couple of months ago. Love it. And i like the Donnaleigh video's... i wouldn't always read the cards the same way but i find it interesting to have a different perspective.

Teheuti

Am learning so much from this conversation.

As I understand it, there are no fixed "systems" except the original "Philippe Instruction Sheet" and books and courses taught by individuals. There are plenty of variations within the Belgian/Dutch, German, French and Russian 'schools.' A so-called 'school' includes specializations and dissenters. It's to be expected that people would fill out the obvious gaps like work and parents with cards that make sense to them.

The Belgian/Dutch 'school' originates officially at the end of the 19th century with the Brepols (later CartaMundi) deck with text on the cards and the booklet by Erna Droesbeke. She starts out in her writing career very "Philippe" and includes modern meanings that are directly related. From what I've been told she wrote later books (Dutch only?) that added many of her own innovations, including reversals.

I'm a product of many teachers. So, to avoid confusion I try to maintain the Philippe Sheet as my primary core, and work out from there. I lean towards Droesbeke's early perspective (including what's on the Brepols/CartaMundi cards). But I've integrated meanings from others when they don't counter my primary meanings. For instance, having three cards expressing three aspects of career/work gives me more depth when I'm doing a work-related reading, however Fox means a "task" or work project, for me, ONLY when it directly relates to the issue and is supported by the context.

The best book for developing a traditional core of meanings is the e-book, _Lenormand Symbols_ by Anthony Louis. He doesn't teach reading methods but rather gives English translations of all the earliest sources. It is well-organized - a great resource and very inexpensive.
https://www.amazon.com/Lenormand-Symbols-Exploring-Origins-Images-ebook/dp/B00J7229O2/

DownUnderNZer

What I like about you is the academic or historical background and what you have sourced over time. You seem to have a rich knowledge base on the Lenormand which I think many probably don't have - including myself.

I hope at some point you put it together as a book.

Is the original "Phillippe Instruction sheet" easily accessible?.

A Russian system....intriguing.

Need to see how South America does it as well. They have their own system it seems, but it must stem from Europe. The SNAKE is viewed as something sexual or phallic like and that was shared by a Brazilian somewhere on my internet travels.

Am learning so much from this conversation.

As I understand it, there are no fixed "systems" except the original "Philippe Instruction Sheet" and books and courses taught by individuals. There are plenty of variations within the Belgian/Dutch, German, French and Russian 'schools.' A so-called 'school' includes specializations and dissenters. It's to be expected that people would fill out the obvious gaps like work and parents with cards that make sense to them.

The Belgian/Dutch 'school' originates officially at the end of the 19th century with the Brepols (later CartaMundi) deck with text on the cards and the booklet by Erna Droesbeke. She starts out in her writing career very "Philippe" and includes modern meanings that are directly related. From what I've been told she wrote later books (Dutch only?) that added many of her own innovations, including reversals.

I'm a product of many teachers. So, to avoid confusion I try to maintain the Philippe Sheet as my primary core, and work out from there. I probably lean a little more towards Droesbeke's early perspective (including what's on the Brepols/CartaMundi cards). But I've integrated meanings from others when they don't counter my primary meanings. For instance, having three cards expressing three aspects of career/work gives me more depth when I'm doing a work-related reading, however Fox means a "task" or work project ONLY when it directly relates to the issue.

The best book for developing a traditional core of meanings is the e-book, _Lenormand Symbols_ by Anthony Louis. He doesn't teach reading methods but rather gives English translations of all the earliest sources. It is well-organized - a great resource and very inexpensive.