Gilded Tarot - Design on Card-backs

lunakasha

I would like to start a thread to discuss the design on the backs of the Gilded cards....which was suggested by terri/tmgrl, and I agree that these card-backs definitely deserve some attention!!!

Since I am starting this thread on terri's behalf, here are her thoughts from another thread, to get us started:

quote:
But if one looks at Ciro's back of the card image...it contains much that is symbolic to allow me to love the Pent shape. There is his trademark circle, and within that the "sun" which has 12 Golden Rays, (8 long and 4 shorter ones.... between which are 4 blue rays (earth:4, 8, 4x2, 12, 4x4)....then there is the circle (traditional pent/deniers/coin image) which has 15 blue rays (5 x3....with fives being 3's and 2's , order and disorder) and within that again the "sun" with the fifteen golden rays and dead center, the brilliant red globe...the World? I'm sure Ciro will shed his own light on this as we go along....but that's what I liked when I studied the symbol on the back of the card.

In fact, another thread could just study that symbol which so reminds me of a minor Tarot de Marseille card, except thiis one if you look closely, has all of the key numbers within it...the center could be 1..then the two floral patterns (one growing from the two, top and bottom) ...the four around outer circle...then the fives within...or the three flowers plus the two purple stones on either side of the card, R&L....so when I see the Pentagram in the Pents....I see Ciro's whole image on back of cards and it calls up anall-within-one concept. Blues (spiritual, communication, timelessness) gold (divine, intellect, universal wisdom) red: passion, material plane, temporal powers...
(endquote)

I think that there are a number of things we could discuss about the backs of these cards....looking forward to hearing from everyone!!!

:p Luna

lunakasha

Ciro:

Would you mind posting an attachment so we can get a nice, close-up view of the card-back design??? This would be helpful for those who do not have the limited edition deck (and have sloooooow computers, like mine! :eek: ;) )

Thanks...appreciate it, Ciro!

:p Luna

cirom

The reference you requested.

janstar17

oh yummy!!! I love the use of 'gems' in this deck...they are everywhere.

I hadn't seen...or realized, maybe, on Ciro's website...what image the card backs would have. When I first looked at it, the lattice-appearing design in the background immediately made me think of an old confessional screen through which one could confess all their sins to the priest through!!! LOL

But what a sun! I've always been a moon-and-stars sort of girl but this sun really calls to me.

dolphinprincess

I think the backs go very well with the overall style of the deck.

When I first glance at the back, I feel like I am looking down at something (like an aerial view)...

the large round circle reminds me of a crystal ball and the gold and gemstones are its ornate and beautiful base. I feel like I am gazing into the crystal and seeing a magical sun appear...

lunakasha

janstar17 said:

I hadn't seen...or realized, maybe, on Ciro's website...what image the card backs would have. When I first looked at it, the lattice-appearing design in the background immediately made me think of an old confessional screen through which one could confess all their sins to the priest through!!! LOL

But what a sun! I've always been a moon-and-stars sort of girl but this sun really calls to me.

Yes....I am also loving the jewels in this design....they look as though you could lift them right out of the card!!! And there are jewels throughout the deck, which perfectly complement the gold and the rich, vibrant colors....amazing!!!

Thanks again, Ciro, for posting the image for us.....

:D Luna

tmgrl2

janstar17 said:

Love the confessional image! That is so cool...it brings up the idea of a doorway between the Reader and the Querent...but on an interactive level...

great observation..

terri

thanks, Ciro, for the upload!

tmgrl2

dolphinprincess said:
I think the backs go very well with the overall style of the deck.

When I first glance at the back, I feel like I am looking down at something (like an aerial view)...

the large round circle reminds me of a crystal ball and the gold and gemstones are its ornate and beautiful base. I feel like I am gazing into the crystal and seeing a magical sun appear...

Another image I love...the crystal ball....in the very center the red gemstone. .... the message, the core, the words, the fire of what we are to deliver as readers....

Another image to tuck inside..

terri

janstar17

dolphinprincess said:

the large round circle reminds me of a crystal ball...

The image of a crystal ball is wonderful...a way to see something that is unseen!!!

lark

When I first saw the card backs they just radiated energy to me.
Like the waves of heat you see coming off of the road on a hot summer day.
And that feeling of energy has stayed with me as I've used the deck.