Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 30 - #30

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 30
Number: 30

Symbol: A DUCK POND AND ITS YOUNG BROOD.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Aries 30 is:
ARIES 29 ~ THE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES.

The Quest Symbol for Aries 30 is:
TAURUS 1 ~A CLEAR MOUNTAIN STREAM FLOWS STEADILY DOWNSTREAM.

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 30 is:
LIBRA 30 ~ THREE MOUNDS OF KNOWLEDGE ON A PHILOSOPHER'S HEAD.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Aries 30 are:
CANCER 30 ~ A DAUGHTER OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION.

LIBRA 30 ~THREE MOUNDS OF KNOWLEDGE ON A PHILOSOPHER'S HEAD.

CAPRICORN 30 ~DIRECTORS OF A LARGE FIRM MEET IN SECRET CONFERENCE.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Aries 30 are:
CANCER 12 ~ A CHINESE WOMAN NURSING A BABY WHOSE AURA REVEALS HIM TO BE THE REINCARNATION OF A GREAT TEACHER.

VIRGO 24 ~ MARY AND HER WHITE LAMB.

SAGITTARIUS 6 ~ A GAME OF CRICKET.

AQUARIUS 18 ~ A MAN BEING UNMASKED AT A MASQUERADE.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Dr Jones has the keyword as reliability - yea always can rely on the mother (figure) I suppose it is the mother figure, as in the Duck with their brood, happily doing what it is they do, just being.. alive.. no stress no hurry (apart from crossing the road) you know its not 'really' a mother image in its true human form, but in an innocent chilish happy carefree way..

Solar fire has the body part - parotid gland - which is the largest of the salivary glands.

I like this symbol, this is like one of my indicator - feng shui symbols, so you pull an oracle - where should I move to, you get this card, then you have a frame of reference, NEAR THE WATER - prefereably that has duckies :)
Its a symbol you can 'see' often, and meditate on - near to help happiness come into your life.

On another level I always see birds as angel energy, so I suppose DUcks can represents spiritual freedom (flying) or it represents the unconscious (swimming).

MARINA

MCsea

Element Rhyolite (also known as rainforest jasper)
Discussion Rhyolite is a volcanic rock, and has various colours and textures, they cool quickly so no ‘crystals’, specimins are therefore ‘rocks’. This rock aids in clear listening, it is a balancing stone, and helps accept people into your life. Many rhyolites have duck patterns – banded, browns blacks and whites, and the accpeting nature of the rock made it feel right here.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 267

tink27

To get a better understanding of the word brood I looked it up in the dictionary….

Brood
. to sit on and cover eggs, as a fowl, for the purpose of
warming them and hatching the young; or to sit over and
cover young, as a hen her chickens, in order to warm and
protect them; hence, to sit quietly, as if brooding.
1913 webster

Then I looked up the keywords of duck in Animal Speak by Ted Andrews….Emotional Comfort and Protection.

Because of its connection to water, it (duck) is linked to the feminine energies, the astral plane and to the emotional state of humans……For those with duck as a totem it may reflect an inability to feel comfortable with most people in your life. It may reflect a need to find comfort in your own element and with those of life mind and spirit…….Ducks can sometimes remind us to return those parts of ourself or those activities that we feel safe and comfortable….All ducks have a grace upon water, and as a totem they can help you handle your own emotions with greater grace and comfort.

These two different areas of searching for clues has helped me immensely in understanding this symbol.

Are these ducks patiently waiting for their creative ideas to hatch out into the world or are the eggs expectations for the future.

Sitting on eggs is where we could be when we are deliberating on something before we move on it. Sitting on eggs also requires a lot of patience, where we need to blend in graciously with our duck pond to secretly protect what we wish to someday bring out into the world. Our material world (firm boundaries) as well must be comfortable and secure from the elements and from known predators (negative people). This will give us peace of mind that our brood (future plans) will be well taken care of. Now we can add those finishing touches to our creation!

With this symbol I can see someone peacefully withdrawing to a place or room they feel most comfortable with and pursuing their individual dreams, talents and skills. Something they would like to one day bring out into the world. But if their place of privacy is not pleasing or secure, it may be more difficult for them to find a sense of harmony and peace within their environment.

One negative aspect with this symbol could be holding in and not freely expressing our emotions…..perhaps from our analytical side repressing our imagination. This is when the female duck should let the male sit on the eggs and laugh and play with others in the pond.

tink :love:

purple_scorp

A spiritual mentor once told me that scorpion mothers are obsessed with protecting their young. So, when I think of this card, I think a little of mysElf.

In this image, the mother duck looks as though she is only paying attention to the ducklings in front of her.....but I can assure you, she has the other eye, keenly focussed on that duckling at the back. She knows that that duckling is a little more independent than those that are safely playing in front of her, and she has enough respect to allow that duckling to express its individuality - almost nurturing it from afar. But she will be able to account for every one of its moves, keeping an unintrusive but very close watch.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

purple_scorp yes it resonates mothers intuition strenght to me too :)

tink27

Hi purple_scorp & Marina,

purple_scorp said:
In this image, the mother duck looks as though she is only paying attention to the ducklings in front of her.....but I can assure you, she has the other eye, keenly focussed on that duckling at the back. She knows that that duckling is a little more independent than those that are safely playing in front of her, and she has enough respect to allow that duckling to express its individuality - almost nurturing it from afar. But she will be able to account for every one of its moves, keeping an unintrusive but very close watch.

This is a lovely story and very true to the Scorpion energy. I love that little independent one.....and that the mother, full of nuturing, love and wisdom saw this.

A beautiful image indeed!

Yes. three is the all embracing Mother, and the '0' amplifies her energy with the desire to nurture and bring something into being.

tink :love:

purple_scorp

Yes and of course, three is also the Empress - mother/nurture card in Tarot.

with love
purple_scorp