Looking at 7 of cups (Rider Waite) there are seven filled cups:

1. Face of a lovely lady or man
2. A shrouded figure emerges
3. A snake
4. A tower/castle
5. Jewels
6. Lawrel
7. Dragon

I clearly understand (1), (4), (5) and (6). To me they are the soulmate, house/family/foundation, wealth and popularity, respectively. However, Im not 100% set with (2), (3) and (7). Im thinking that the shrouded figure is resurection and ability to live forever. The snake is probably associated with medicine and health. Dragon is power.

Do you guys have any guesses/opinions on (2), (3) and (7)?

laurence

The figure with Its back turned symbolizes human consciousness, which prefers to look inside rather than facing reality.
Seven golden chalices contain seven different images generated by the human psyche.
the castle on the top of the hill represents a dream of greatness and enviable social status.
The jewels represent wealth.
the laurel crown represents success.
the woman's face represents the search for beauty and pleasure.
the veiled figure is the attraction towards the unknown.
The dragon and the snake represent 2 different ways of understanding the monsters of the unconscious, as symbols of either ignorance and fear or wisdom and regeneration.

From Roberto De Angelis.

bluelagune

The figure with Its back turned symbolizes human consciousness, which prefers to look inside rather than facing reality.
Seven golden chalices contain seven different images generated by the human psyche.
the castle on the top of the hill represents a dream of greatness and enviable social status.
The jewels represent wealth.
the laurel crown represents success.
the woman's face represents the search for beauty and pleasure.
the veiled figure is the attraction towards the unknown.
The dragon and the snake represent 2 different ways of understanding the monsters of the unconscious, as symbols of either ignorance and fear or wisdom and regeneration.

From Roberto De Angelis.

Thank you. I read the negative side of this card the same way you do. I was more looking on the positive side such as dreaming of possible future and moving towards it in 8. So the guy is dreaming of being wealthy (jewels), being popular(larels), having a soulmate but your view being beautiful/handsome also fits. Thank you. :)

Teheuti

I often ask clients to tell me what they think is in the cups and which one they find most desireable or intriguing, or which scares them the most - depending on circumstances. It's fascinating to discover what people see in them, but even more than that, it really shows what they are confused about, as well as what they desire or fear. Many people fail to even mention the figure in the veil. For one woman it was a figure that kept appearing in her nightmares - veiled so she couldn't see who/what it was (and had appeared again the night before the reading). According to Waite they are visions of fantasy - so we explore what fantasies come up.

They can also be seen as the 7 Vices.

bluelagune

I often ask clients to tell me what they think is in the cups and which one they find most desireable or intriguing, or which scares them the most - depending on circumstances. It's fascinating to discover what people see in them, but even more than that, it really shows what they are confused about, as well as what they desire or fear. Many people fail to even mention the figure in the veil. For one woman it was a figure that kept appearing in her nightmares - veiled so she couldn't see who/what it was (and had appeared again the night before the reading). According to Waite they are visions of fantasy - so we explore what fantasies come up.

They can also be seen as the 7 Vices.

I went over the vices but they dont fit. I need solid things such as wealth, house, fame, love, etc. Reason Im asking is that I got 5 of cups in outcome and its recomends to look at what is remaining. I know that I have lost a few things but I want to know what still remains and what I can still look forward to?

The snake I think is health and dragon is power. The shrouded dude/lady looks like JC who just rizzen. Does that mean immortality?

Abrac

The argument has been made before that all the cups can be attributed to drug experiences of one kind or another. I don't buy it completely but I think there is a case to be made for the person in the shroud. It does look a lot like a mushroom. And the glow around the border gives the distinct impression of a shroom trip.

Waite says, "Strange chalices of vision, but the images are more especially those of the fantastic spirit." Since the cups are imaginary and not real, the "shroom dude" could represent imagined spiritual enlightenment through psychedelics or other drugs. He's most definitely lit up, but still shrouded. :)

Teheuti

I think there is a case to be made for the person in the shroud. It does look a lot like a mushroom. And the glow around the border gives the distinct impression of a shroom trip.
Just what I said - whatever you think it means.

The woman who had experienced this figure in her dreams discovered that it was a young, masculine aspect of herself (animus figure, in Jungian terms) that just wanted to be recognized and heard.

For others it has been Jesus or a spirit guide or something menacing or a delightful surprise or their as-yet-unknown soul-mate.

Some see the dragon as their own power; others are terrified or even repulsed by it.

Strong reactions to any of these figures (or ignoring one completely) are usually indicators of it being relevant to their issue.

bluelagune

The argument has been made before that all the cups can be attributed to drug experiences of one kind or another. I don't buy it completely but I think there is a case to be made for the person in the shroud. It does look a lot like a mushroom. And the glow around the border gives the distinct impression of a shroom trip.

Waite says, "Strange chalices of vision, but the images are more especially those of the fantastic spirit." Since the cups are imaginary and not real, the "shroom dude" could represent imagined spiritual enlightenment through psychedelics or other drugs. He's most definitely lit up, but still shrouded. :)

Haha thank you for making me laugh :)
Well I tend to be on a more borring side of life ;) my ideas and dreams in 7 of cups are more grounded and more leagal :)

And i honestly not sure how to associated the shrouded person. I dont care to be Jesus or live forever, not my thing. I can see snake for health and Dragon for might and power. Im somewhat ok with snake and completely lack the strength of a dragon.