Card 39 - Losgunna

Aximili

Perched on her toadstool (and what better throne for the Queen of Amphibians?)
Losgunna and her attendants seem to be preparing for a journey into the Great Unknown, in much the same style as the Journeyman, whom if you are reading these threads numerically you will have already met. But while the Journeyman sets out into the world to put his skills to the test and makehis way in the world, Losgunna represents the more mature sense of adventure that sees us seek out new places and experiences, simply for the joys and pleasures of it all. A trip may be carefully planned or erupt spontaneously, but the end result is always the same, new places, people and experiences, even if these are only a few miles from our starting point.

For Losgunna tells us that adventure does not have to take place somewhere far away, it can be as simple as taking a stroll down a street we do not usually go down. We yearn for exotic climes and beautiful scenes, but Losgunna often reminds us that what we already have, whether we recognized it or not, is just as good, if not better, than our dreams.

More than anything, Losgunna is an enigma. She and her consorts go where they please, when they please. She is as wild and free as the wind, Many of her experiences are beyond the ken of mere humans, but she shares them, because she knows the value of experiences. But she also urges us not to take her word, but to try these things out for ourselves as much as possible.

Losgunna also practices discretion. She pushes us to stretch our boundaries, but knows our limitations and urges us to keep out of situations or places we know we are not ready for. But to those lucky few who prove themselves worth of the favour of the Frog Queen, she encourages us to probe her secrets, hidden depths and mysteries just as she probes the deep, forgotten parts of the world searching for more adventure.

greenbeans

Aximili said:
Losgunna and her attendants seem to be preparing for a journey into the Great Unknown, in much the same style as the Journeyman... But while the Journeyman sets out into the world to put his skills to the test and make his way in the world, Losgunna represents the more mature sense of adventure that sees us seek out new places and experiences, simply for the joys and pleasures of it all. We yearn for exotic climes and beautiful scenes, but Losgunna often reminds us that what we already have, whether we recognized it or not, is just as good, if not better, than our dreams.

I like the way you make a link with her and the Journeyman! I'd never thought of it like that but it makes a lot of sense. I see the Journeyman as starting out on some kind of quest, following a path 'over' the world to seek his fortune, whilst Losgunna is more of a traveller 'into' things. As you say, she is Queen of Amphibians and can exist in more than 1 element....water, the element of emotions is as much a home to her as the air..and she can take deep journeys ino the human psyche. Like a frog leaping into a dark pool, not all she sees is pretty...some may be threatening or disturbing. But her calm, blissed-out expression shows she knows how to extract the joy and meaning from the darkest inner journey.

Aximili said:
More than anything, Losgunna is an enigma. She and her consorts go where they please, when they please. She is as wild and free as the wind...
That is true. I think she is a very sensual, vital being who attracts other Fae into her glowing presence. Her free and sensual nature allows her and those around her to feel free to try new tastes, sounds and sensations wherever they may be found. This reminds us all that we can revitalise ourselves just by making some small change to our everyday routine...this will involve a certain 'risking' of the self, a cerain generousness of spirit as we come upon new situations and new people...and this is where Losgunna is so like her sister the Laume.

Aximili

Thank you for your comments :)

i'm glad you mentioned your little theory about Losgunna and The Laume, because I forgot all about it ;)

Jewel

I love the comparision to the Journeyman. I had never thought about it and between you both you have made me see new things about these cards. I will post more about this card when I get a chance!

Alissa

Losgunna always reminds me of several key messages when I see her...

One... get ready to go down to the very murkiest depths of the issue at hand and squish your froggy toes in the mud of That Which Lies Beneath the issue you're facing. She gets to the bottom of things, and isn't afraid of the muck and mire and filth that one must work through in order to reach the Depths of Ourselves.

And two... like the lotus image from Hinduism, Losgunna transcends the mud of below and rises to the surface, rising above the messy muck through clearer waters to reach the clean airy understanding above. She is a creature who understand the realms of the watery (emotions), the muddy (earthy groudnedness) and the airy (intellectual understanding) and she can move between all three with ease (as amphibian creatures are inclined to do).

As such, she can raise your deepest issues from the depths of your soul and bring them to the light in a way that allows you to see them without fear.

qwaychou

I see a couple of blueberries and the sparing use of blue in the background, even though Losgunna is a blue froggy fae. Repose and contemplate the journey, take more action against your own history. Notice the sleeping faerie under the toadstool.
All future facing faeries are sitting or reclining. All past(left) facing faeries are all in action.
I like the sleeping kitty face near the center.