Fool's Dog Tarot Apps!!

angeltreats

Hi Jason,
I like the quality of your tarot apps, I wonder if there is any chance you make a Thoth tarot app?

^this. Please please please.

JasonLion

We would love to produce a Thoth app. Unfortunately, when we contacted the O.T.O. (the current rights holder) they said that they only grant licenses for "educational or academic purposes and not for commercial or divinatory ends".

In practice that means that no one is going to be able to license Thoth for an app at this time.

Barleywine

I've just started buying apps for my Kindle Fire (for card reference purposes, not for doing readings, since I'm firmly in the "deck-in-hand" camp), but find that Fool's Dog apps are only available through Google, which informs me that their offerings aren't suitable for use on the Kindle. The apps don't seem to be available from the Amazon App Store. Any chance this might change?

JasonLion

Barleywine, thank you for your interest in our apps. We don't currently offer our apps for Amazon Fire devices. I will add your request for Amazon Fire support to our wish list for future consideration.

Tanjamuse

Have you tried the deck I suggested earlier?

Far Sight Tarot?

JasonLion

The Far Sight Tarot is one of a number of charming decks that unfortunately seem unlikely to ever sell enough to recover the cost of producing an app.

AJ

thanks so much for adding the Journey into Egypt app.

Still hoping for the Songs For the Journey Home!

daphne

We would love to produce a Thoth app. Unfortunately, when we contacted the O.T.O. (the current rights holder) they said that they only grant licenses for "educational or academic purposes and not for commercial or divinatory ends".

In practice that means that no one is going to be able to license Thoth for an app at this time.

That's sad.

Thank you for answering.

Alta

I like the new apps Jason and have purchased three of them, Urban, Mucha and Byzantine. The Journey into Egypt looks good, I have the deck and it is remarkable.

Lidian

Not sure if this has been asked before but can the developers explain the difference between draw a card and today's card? Are both equally random or is there some logic behind it?

Also, when drawing a card from the fan of cards is that just cosmetic or the placement of the finger on the chosen card effectively changes the choice?

Thanks in advance. Your apps are the best! Really awesome.