Book of Law Study Group 1.19

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Only after it is correctly "aroused" does it travel up the spine and stand "erect".

Similia said:
And when it reaches the crown it is penetrating the Sahasrara/Crown chakra, which looks suspicously like Nuit, the Azure lidded woman. Nice

Oh good. I thought my head was in the gutter today. :laugh:

Aeon418 said:
What does this representation of the Sahasrara/Crown chakra remind you of?
http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/Sahas-2.jpg

The similarities are remarkable. I'm going to explore the rest of the site too.

I am struggling with the word benediction, but it is starting to take on a whole new meaning.

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
Oh good. I thought my head was in the gutter today. :laugh:

:D Well I am slightly more pure than you, my first thought "the flag of the Torres Strait Islanders". :D My second thought was Nuit, my third was the Moon card from the Thoth. But now I look at the flag of the Torres Strait and see the Stele of Revealing, Hadit within Nuit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torres_Strait_Islander_Flag

Always Wondering

:laugh: :| :laugh: Very patrotic of you, Similia.

Great flag. :thumbsup:

AW

Aeon418

The verse numbers might be meaningful. Sepher Sephiroth gives:

18 - ChTA - the antique serpent.

19 - ChVH - Eve.

ravenest

Why 'bend' upon them?

I'm reminded of the trad Egyptian pic of Nut where she is bending over Geb God of earth who is laying back with an erect phallus.

Beira

I think the bending is the result of the actions described in this the previous lines.
The most clarifying image for me is the coming together of the two triangles i the hexagram: Hadit reaching high and Nuit bending down.
I always consider the attainment of so high a states as temporary: even though I understand there exist degrees of initiation where one attains and keep a "superconscious state, with episodes of human consciousness" (as I have read somewhere.. Eshelman's Visions and Voices I think but no sure), I think for most of us those moments of bliss, where we feel one with the Whole and in every way attuned to everything else are very short but maybe all the more precious and wonderous because of this.