Book of Law Study Group 1.26

Grigori

Book of the Law Study Group 1.26

Aiwass said:
26. Then saith the prophet and slave of the beauteous one: Who am I, and what shall be the sign? So she answered him, bending down, a lambent flame of blue, all-touching, all penetrant, her lovely hands upon the black earth, & her lithe body arched for love, and her soft feet not hurting the little flowers: Thou knowest! And the sign shall be my ecstasy, the consciousness of the continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my body.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/index.htm
http://hermetic.com/crowley/index.html
http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0220.html

Other threads in this study group

Always Wondering

I think this is beautiful. I will be no good to anyone with this discussion. It carries me away every time I read it, my head in the stars.

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
I think this is beautiful. I will be no good to anyone with this discussion. It carries me away every time I read it, my head in the stars.

AW

I think this line is beautiful also. I especially love the description of Nuit as a blue flame, it makes me think of her in a different and more present way, than simply the empty blue space of the sky. The flame is somehow more solid or real, though at the same time its not-solid.

Aeon418

The "lambent flame of blue" brings to mind the water triangle.

Nuit's answer to the question, "who am I", is answered with, "Thou knowest!".
Hadit is the "knower" and the corresponding red flame which forms the hexagram.

Thou knowest? Thou is Ateh - ATh. Knowest - Vau? AVTh, the mark of Cain.

a lambent flame of blue, all-touching, all penetrant
AW, you're reading Case at the moment. Does this suggest his description of the Astral Light, LVX, to you? It does to me.

lithe body arched for love
The initial letters of this phrase add up to 69. The hexagram again.
Arched Love = AL.

And the sign shall be my ecstasy, the consciousness of the continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my body.
Does sign here mean AVTh again? It does symbolise the joining of the Alpha and the Omega.

On another level, as previously noted, her ecstasy is ours. So this could be a sign pointing towards K&C and the opening of Briatic/unitary consciousness.

The actual manuscript is very interesting at this point. Crossed out is "the non-atomic unfragmentary fact of my universality".
http://lib.oto-usa.org/libri/liber0031.html?num=6

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
AW, you're reading Case at the moment. Does this suggest his description of the Astral Light, LVX, to you? It does to me.

Ah. There we go. Beautiful is to vague. I knew that last night but couldn't get anywhere.
To me this verse is electrical. It seems that in all the other verses we are being told or explained to. But here I truly feel like I am being shown. It's active and intimate on many levels. As if I am actually witnessing the conception of Horus.

"her soft feet not hurting the little flowers:"

Light again?

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
"her soft feet not hurting the little flowers:"

Light again?
Little flowers suggests people to me.

In Liber 418, 13th Aethyr, there is a description of the Garden of NEMO. The Master tends a garden and the flowers within it are his disciples.

Always Wondering

I hadn't thought of that. But really there it is, all the grounding and perspective I needed to get a grasp on this verse.

AW

ravenest

Yep, 'she' has come to earth and touched us. This is a very personal part of the Book ... many people 'connect' with this. Also it is a lovely invocation in the first parts (steps) of approach to the Altar, priestess and Nuit in the Gnostic mass.

The conciousness of the continuity of existance is v.different from the Dying God formula.

Yygdrasilian

Inipi

Have any 'here' ever experienced a lambent flame of blue light?

cardlady22

I had to look up lambent:

lightly touching, playing lightly over or upon, incandescent, suffused

Pinocchio's Blue Fairy?