Japanese Foil Thoth

FLizarraga

Ignoramus that I am, I wasn't aware of the existence of this deck till yesterday.

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/dbsearchengine.php?view_title=foil+thoth

It seems to be a majors only edition, and obviously rarer than hen's teeth. (Tarot Garden doesn't really know how many were printed.) Even images of it are very hard to find.

I know a couple of people here have it. Would you care to share some insights, and pictures if possible? Is it as beautiful as it looks? And do you use it for reading at all?

starlightexp

Ummm I'm in love with the idea

Zephyros

That's breathtaking! It seems to be such a good idea you have to wonder why nobody ever thought of it before!

I would guess there aren't many copies, if indeed it was ever printed and not handmade. The OTO is very strict about its copyrights, and has been in ongoing litigation for years with USG. The new Urania-Verlag deck was published only only in German as a result of the copyright mess. I highly doubt such a deck would be be authorized.

gregory

I don't know ANYONE who has it. I wish I did. I would murder them in their beds, no - beg them to show it to me and maybe even SELL it to me except I don't have that kind of money, so back to murder......

Zephyros

I don't know ANYONE who has it. I wish I did. I would murder them in their beds, no - beg them to show it to me and maybe even SELL it to me except I don't have that kind of money, so back to murder......

Yup, another Thoth to the "must have" list. This would be as rare and as valuable as the Sangreal.

Babalon Jones

Oh man. I did not know this existed.

And now, I desperately want one :livelong:

Maybe I can make a copy for myself someday, with transparent acrylics over foil...should I ever have too much spare time on my hands.

gregory

OH my. I have just realised someone I KNOW has one.... They better watch their back; I know where they live...

reall

OH my. I have just realised someone I KNOW has one.... They better watch their back; I know where they live...

:))) count me in!^^ luv glitzy!^^ btw now when I think about it they have invented 3Dprinters but golden/holo foil is still not progressing? when will we get that option in POD?X,X :))

starlightexp

Could they at least allow you to post pictures?