Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot ~ The Magician

Hemera

The Ceccoli Magician is a Shapeshifter. The name of this original artwork is "Hide and Seek".
She is a serious and quiet looking little girl but she is only half human. She has leopard feet, tail and ears and she holds a leopard mask in her hand. Her left eye is looking through that mask. (There is separate thread about the meaning and covering of the left eye in this deck.)
The usual tools of the Magician (wand, sword, cup and pentacle) are missing from this card and someone said they found it a problem. I think it is actually a very nice idea because it reminds me that the "mana", the power, of a true Magician does not lie in the tools she uses. It is within.

There is a birdcage on the floor next to the girl and there is a red bird fluttering inside the cage. I'm not sure what that means but it hints to a kind of cruelty. The girl is a cat (leopard) and maybe she intends to have the bird for lunch? That would feel cruel yes, but only to us humans. For an animal (leopard) that would be survival since ultimately every living thing is a source of food/energy for someone else. From that viewpoint it could represent deep Animal Wisdom.
Or maybe the bird represents her soul? Or her feelings, or energy, since it is red? Perhaps it is something that is trying to break free? Something the girl has captured and put in the cage? There's room for many ways of seeing the red bird in this card and I'm sure the interpretation will vary in each reading.

LWB: All the power you need is within you. Seize your own magic and use your will to make changes in your world. Key Concepts: Intention, will power, transformation.

Attachments

• nicoletta-ceccoli-tarot-2.jpg
    nicoletta-ceccoli-tarot-2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,419