666. Crowley is God!

PlatinumDove

Congrats Astrid! I saw a guy come in to the hospital by the last name of Crowley and thought of good old Uncle Al. :D

Henning

actually not.

Crowley was real

wizzle

an ode-ette

Aleister was full of air
And a hell of a magician
He went where I don't dare
Cause he was on a mission

prudence

wizzle said:
Aleister was full of air
And a hell of a magician

Bravo, Wizzle, that is a great poem!!!!!!!!

wizzle

According to Dion Fortune

Not quite everyone thinks Crowley is god. While Dion Fortune pays him many compliments in her book, the Mystical Qabalah, she also takes this delightful swipe at him while discussing corespondences between Malkuth and the chakras:

"This Lotus is represented as situated in the perineum and is associated with the anus and the function of excretion. In column XXI of the table of correspondences given by Crowley in "777" he attributes the buttocks and anus of the Perfected Man to Malkuth. I consider that from every point of view the attribution of Fuller, who refers the Muladhara Lotus to Malkuth, is to be preferred to that of Crowley, who in column CXVIII refers it to Yesod, thus contradicting himself. In the infiantile mind, according to Freud, the functions of reproduction and excretion are confused, but I do not consider that this attribution is one that can be generally accepted or ought to be perpetuated."

Major snikkering.

inanna_tarot

*takes a few moments to translate Dion Fortune into english*

.... OH yeah! hehe :p

Sezo
x

Aeon418

Crowley's attributions of the chakra's aren't perfect and neither are Fortunes. But that's what happens when you try to force an eastern mystical system into a western magical/qabalistic framework.

Fortune's/Fuller's attribution of the the Muladhara chakra to Malkuth is equally flawed. Did they think that particular chakra was a physical object ? :D

Lillie

wizzle said:
Aleister was full of air
And a hell of a magician

Wonderful

bleuivy

Wanted to celebrate my 666th post here in this thread! :D

No poem, just a little letter.

Crowley, your deck got me interested in Tarot. I don't use it as much as I should, but it's still one of my favorites.

Yay for 666th post!! :D:D:D

prudence

YAY Blueivy!!!!!!! 666th!!!!!!!!! :D :D