The Wild Unknown going Mass-market

Padma

Thanks, Tarotlova! :love: I will check it out. I seem to always be last in line when it comes to things available on the interwebs! ;)

G6

Barnes and Noble sent me another set expedited shipping. No missing cards in this one. This is high quality cardstock/presentation for the price. I like the waxy feel of the cards. Good job Harper/Elixr.

Elkins

I loved the way this deck's waxy cardstock shuffled (I like to both riffle and bridge), but I couldn't stand the way that it fanned--or, rather, didn't fan. I've never seen cards before that shuffle so beautifully, yet clump when you try to fan them out or deal them one at a time. Usually, cards that shuffle well aren't clumpy. Most odd.

So I got some of that zinc stearate (magicians' "fanning powder," but the packet I bought was marketed instead for people who sew under the name "miracle chalk"), and it worked like...well, yeah, like magic. Now they both shuffle and fan beautifully. They feel really nice and silky to the touch now, too.

If anyone else is finding themselves annoyed with the clumpiness of this deck, I heartily recommend the zinc stearate. It is very inexpensive as "Miracle Chalk" on Amazon, and it worked really well on this cardstock.

jcwirish

I loved the way this deck's waxy cardstock shuffled (I like to both riffle and bridge), but I couldn't stand the way that it fanned--or, rather, didn't fan. I've never seen cards before that shuffle so beautifully, yet clump when you try to fan them out or deal them one at a time. Usually, cards that shuffle well aren't clumpy. Most odd.

So I got some of that zinc stearate (magicians' "fanning powder," but the packet I bought was marketed instead for people who sew under the name "miracle chalk"), and it worked like...well, yeah, like magic. Now they both shuffle and fan beautifully. They feel really nice and silky to the touch now, too.

If anyone else is finding themselves annoyed with the clumpiness of this deck, I heartily recommend the zinc stearate. It is very inexpensive as "Miracle Chalk" on Amazon, and it worked really well on this cardstock.

Great advice! I'm definitely going to check that out. Mine are "clumpy" too and it's annoying when dealing, but of course, I love this deck. I much prefer the original to the mass production version, but it's still very good.