Tarot of Metamorphosis - to buy or not to buy ?

ana luisa

Quick question: do you think the Tarot of Metamorphosis is worth buying ? Does it read well or is it just eye candy ? They have it on a special offer for U$20,00. I do appreciate any input :)

Ana

Metafizzypop

AFAIK, that deck is out of print, and that price is a bargain if I'm right.

I have this deck and it's one of my favorites. It's more than eye candy. It's a very creative interp of the RWS system. Beautiful deck to read with, but a little busy. At that price it is well worth the investment.

ETA: Looks like I cross-posted with gregory. Apparently, the deck is out of print. Very good reason to buy!

ana luisa

THANK YOU gregory and Metafizzypop !!! You are awesome! I knew I could count on your expertise here. I am aware it's OOP and it is kinda funny to realize the shop isn't... I guess in Brazil, they're not so much into collecting and this deck has been around for a long while. I am not interested in investing but if you say it READS well, then I'm in !! Thank you again :love:

gregory

Never mind investing - if they have several, you could buy a couple and sell them on here. Just to be helpful. (I do that when I find decks in used bookstores.)

Metafizzypop

Well, I said it was beautiful to read with. And I would say that it does read well for me. Whether or not it reads well for you might be another story. But the deck's art is so beautiful that, even if it doesn't read so well for you, it'll still be a lot of fun trying.

Falcor

I have got it in trade and it's such an eye candy. I really like it and will love to work with it.