Are these ROHRIG decks legit ?

Elkins

For that matter, set up a search on Ebay and check the "subscribe" button to receive e-mails whenever your search criteria are met. Yes, you'll hear about many, many decks that are priced beyond your means, and that can certainly be frustrating (not to mention tempting!). But if you hold firm and wait and watch, good bargains usually will present themselves eventually. Patience can be difficult, but I've found that Ebay often rewards it nicely.

FLizarraga

Book Depository has the Spanish Rohrig right now for US $12.25, shipped from the UK. And they do deliver to Brazil free of charge. Just a thought... 😇

ana luisa

For that matter, set up a search on Ebay and check the "subscribe" button to receive e-mails whenever your search criteria are met. Yes, you'll hear about many, many decks that are priced beyond your means, and that can certainly be frustrating (not to mention tempting!). But if you hold firm and wait and watch, good bargains usually will present themselves eventually. Patience can be difficult, but I've found that Ebay often rewards it nicely.

Thank you for the encouragement, Elkins :) I know patience has its merits. My adored Philosopher's Stone was bought on a strike of luck on ebay for a VERY affordable price. Never have I found it as cheap since. So, I got your point completely !

ana luisa

Book Depository has the Spanish Rohrig right now for US $12.25, shipped from the UK. And they do deliver to Brazil free of charge. Just a thought... 😇

Hi fliz !!! :) I know about that. It's on its way already !!! Book depository is not the most trusting place to buy for they do not offer tracking but at this price, hey, what's not to like ? Besides, being in Spanish will give it a nice sexy Latin twist as well !

ana luisa

it seems expensive, and it is, if you're on a budget. I struggle with working out how much I can justify spending on something like this. But never risk throwing away money on a rubbish deck - put it in a jar until you can add to it. Put a dollar or two in every week and buy the good one next Christmas. (How many times have I tried to save money and wasted it on something that just didn't last or wasn't what I wanted?)

I have the full-sized Rohrig and it's truly a masterpiece. Worth every penny.

Great advice :) I did that for an oracle I had my eye on and was only sold in France (the shipping was ABSOLUTELY outrageous !!!! :bugeyed:)

Sulis

I've reported that listing.. The images are of the uncensored version of the Rohrig deck so it's definitely not the real deal.

ana luisa

I've reported that listing.. The images are of the uncensored version of the Rohrig deck so it's definitely not the real deal.

Let's just wait and see what steps ebay may take...

Barleywine

Thanks for the link. I may have bought the last one in stock. I put one in the cart, then diddled around with creating my order, placed the order without going to the cart, got an order confirmation, then a message saying "An item that was in your cart is no longer available." Hopefully they didn't get crossed up and can't deliver.

G6

I have the full-sized Rohrig and it's truly a masterpiece. Worth every penny.

I just got the full sized English version from 1995 for a Christmas present. I agree that it is a masterpiece and worth every penny. The Spanish works as an interim deck to see if you love it enough to spring for an OOP. The problem though is that the original version I have is so vastly superior it is a completely different experience than the Spanish version. I cannot comment on the bootlegs becuase I don't own any.

Hope this helps. I may post some comparison pics.

Elkins

Size is a really important consideration for this particular deck. So much information is conveyed through the handwritten notes that form part of the background of the cards, and if the images are too small, you simply cannot make them out. The art really does rely on a certain degree of legibility. It just doesn't work scaled down.