Favorite edition of Tarot of Prague

theEnigma

Someone mentioned finding a 1st edition in the "postman" thread, and it got me thinking..... The Tarot of Prague is my favorite deck hands down, and each edition has it's own idiosyncrasies - which is your favorite edition?

I'm going to have to get all of mine out and play with them a little to decide. Lately I've been using my 3rd edition with the magnificent foil and perhaps the best card stock of any deck (imo), but do love the addition of prudence in the 2nd edition.

I had the chance to visit Prague again this past summer and found the book to be an amazing insight into the he cards but also the city- anyone else have a chance to use their cards in the city? Go on the tour with Baba? Give any extra insights into the experiences with the deck?

Le Fanu

To be honest, I think I prefer the 3rd edition. I have them all.

The third edition feels more rounded and cohesive and smoothed out. The gold highlights are the icing on the cake. I like the thickness of the cards in the 1st edition and the fancy ribboned box, but overall, it was third edition that really made me love and want to use it.

Astraea

It's the third edition for me, too. I will always have a strong sentimental attachment to the first edition, but the third is the most mature and elegant iteration (IMO).

rylla

Can I say the first edition standard and the third edition LE?