Art Yes! Readings.... no?

Eric in NJ

I'm interested in hearing about your decks where you love the art, but find them useless for readings.

I'll throw some out there.

The Yoga Tarot. This is the Massimiliano Filadoro deck produced by Lo Scarabeo. I practice Yoga, have been for a decade plus, love the art on this deck, and find it totally useless for readings. I can't get a good reading out of this deck to save my life.

The Enochian Tarot. The art on these (non-standard) cards is really outstanding. Dreamy, somewhat surreal. No good for readings though. I do understand that it's my ignorance, but the LESSER SEPHIROTHIC ANGELS OF FIRE is something I just can't interpret. Full disclosure - I know zero about the Enochian system. Awesome paintings though.

Osho Zen Tarot. Buying this deck was a mistake. The images drew me in, but on first feel, I knew this deck wasn't for me.

So, have any decks that you love the look, but can't use for readings? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Namaste.

Eric.

starlightexp

I have several Visconti decks that I just adore but would never read with them.

Padma

Tarot of the Holy Light. Love the art, can't read it. Though I know many people here at AT who can!

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/holy-light/

I had the app for a while, but finally deleted it to make room for decks I "get"!

Also, the Rabbit tarot. Cute as all get-out and pretty conventional, but the images don't do anything for my intuition.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/rabbit/

I would have to agree on the Osho Zen tarot...I have to use the guide book to make sense of it.

Barleywine

Most of the "fine art" decks I own leave me cold for reading. Good examples are Kat Black's Golden and the Golden Botticelli.

Falcor

Crystal tarot. It's so beautiful and...that's it.

stellar4

Infinite Visions - beautifully produced but I just couldnt read with it. Glad it went to a good home where it will be appreciated.
Liked the artwork on the Osho Zen but couldnt read with that either. Shadowscapes was pretty but samey.

Linfang

Chrysalis Tarot - I liked the colors and the art, but couldn't get my head around the idea behind the art

Night Sun Tarot - great flair, seems dark and deep to me but still I don't understand what it wants to tell me

UniversesCollide

Shadowscapes did this for me. It's so beautiful but I don't like it for reading. Maybe it would be better for me if the cards were big enough to enlarge the images to a more comfortable size for their fine details. I am not sure if that's the only issue though or if it's just the easy-to-point to physical feature to explain it.

rylla

i Tarocchi di Dante e dei Fedeli d'Amore by W. Peretti Poggi - absolutely beautiful art - way too brutal to use for reading.

Citrin

Hmm yeah maybe the Cheimonette... It doesn't necessarily give bad readings, but not as good readings compared to how much I love the artwork if that makes sense? ;)