The Tower in love readings for single people

yannie

This will be my first post on the forum so: Hi there, everyone!

I thought it was interesting to see this thread since I just got Tower in the outcome position in a love reading and I’m VERY single.

Tower has such negative connotations and I wish I could have gotten a clarifier to discern what sort of upheaval the card speaks of in terms of my love life. I saw someone mention Love At First Sight and I would definitely agree if it was paired with Lovers or Ace of Cups, but on its own it can be anything really that causes a minor or huge earthquake in your life.

Personally, I wouldn’t read it as a loneliness or isolation card, as mahafrins suggests (but we all have different interpretations and experiences with the cards). I wouldn’t be so certain that it always speaks about a negative event either, even though, as Grizabella says, it shows people wearing crowns being thrown out of their ivory tower. To me, this very fact, just symbolizes that the status quo is being challenged; a paradigm shift. If the current situation is dissatisfying it could very well be a positive event.

Hence, I would probably read it as a sudden event or a major transformation. It could be good or bad, but without a clarifier it’s nearly impossible to determine the effect. Yet, if you follow the theory of a paradigm shift it would depend upon the querent's present situation. If you're unsatisfied being single, it could possibly speak about a person coming into your life and challenging the status quo of "singlehood".

I quite agree with this. All through my Tower experience my life was being demolished & rebuilt to the point where I'm now surrounded by solid, good people with excellent heads on their shoulders & excellent hearts. All those not on my level have dropped off. At the same time I'm very comfortable with solitude. Doing a love reading is my way of acknowledging my innate social nature that every human has. Am I unsatisfied being single? Why yes, that's why I did the reading. But if the Tower braces me for a life of celibacy, then so be it.

@rtemouri

I quite agree with this. All through my Tower experience my life was being demolished & rebuilt to the point where I'm now surrounded by solid, good people with excellent heads on their shoulders & excellent hearts. All those not on my level have dropped off. At the same time I'm very comfortable with solitude. Doing a love reading is my way of acknowledging my innate social nature that every human has. Am I unsatisfied being single? Why yes, that's why I did the reading. But if the Tower braces me for a life of celibacy, then so be it.
I really don't think that the tower indicates a life of celibacy for you!!! :)

CosmicTarot

I'm really glad it resonated but I think I worded it wrong,
Because Tower most probably does not brace you for a life of celibacy: Could a card, except Ace of Cups, get any more orgasmic? Haha! Not that you need this phallic building to … I should stop talking ... But whatever Tower forebodes it ought to be exciting.

What I meant was rather: Being single, can be viewed as status quo in itself. Tower stirs your life up no matter what. How you relate to your situation is less important. That was the wrong way to word it on my part. So if you’re single ”pang boom” and if you’re coupled ”pang boom”. How you react to the consequences and if you think they are positive or not, that, on the other hand, depend upon how you relate to your present situation. If you’re in a happy relationship, something might happen to tear it apart or you’ll suddenly meet someone that challenges your feelings for your significant other (or other major surprising changes). In a single reading - and if the cards truly only speaks about your romantic life and not some other aspect of your life - it should, logically go the other way since Tower, as said, challenges the status quo.

I am not sure though, this is actually the first future oriented reading I have ever received from someone, so I’m not sure what will happen. It feels a little scary. The rider-waite card looks so scary with all the darkness and the lightning, but we'll see!

yannie

I really don't think that the tower indicates a life of celibacy for you!!! :)

:D

CosmicTarot, I got what you meant the first time round. I'm just saying if it turns out to mean ForeverAlone (who knows, it could happen; keeps me more level-headed about the card to consider both outcomes), then I would be braced for it. The tower can be a shakeup for someone who expects to meet the perfect partner one day.

Like you put in other words, it really depends on the individual how the tower will apply to them. & I happen to have quite uncompromising standards that I don't expect to have met. So if it takes a shakeup of my standards to get with some guy, forget it :)

CosmicTarot

:D

CosmicTarot, I got what you meant the first time round.

I happen to have quite uncompromising standards that I don't expect to have met. So if it takes a shakeup of my standards to get with some guy, forget it :)

Oh, sorry about that! I read it again and now I get it!

That last sentence of yours really sparked my interest, would you care to explain if it's not too private?

Yet, it could be that this Tower disregards your "forget it" and throws someone, who's the opposite of your standards, in your way, whom you'll find yourself head over heels in love with - or the celibacy thing, of course :D Who knows! My Tower moment hasn't come yet this time around. Though, I feel like my whole life has been a big Tower moment, so, I'm not sure if I'm ready for more earthquakes coming onto my path. I could really use some stability and a clear route right now. But you know ... Life! *sigh*

I read that you edited out some clarifiers, what were they, if I may ask? (am I being too nosy right now, it's fine to tell me off). I just wondered if you got some clarity what this Tower might speak about in regards to your situation. I didn't receive a single clarifier myself, so I'm feeling a bit disconcerted.

Turner

I did a search on here and found that quite a number of single people have gotten the Tower in their love readings, whether negative or positive in context.

So I decided to start this thread hoping that people can share their Tower experiences from Tower-readings done when single.

For me, the Tower actually popped up twice in love readings I did for myself, spaced a year or so apart. The first Tower was in the "How it will begin" position. The second one in the "future energies that will bind or separate" position. Nothing's happened yet, so I'm waiting to see what that means for me.

People who have gotten the Tower love card while single - what did that card turn out to mean for you?

Hi, yannie.

While I'm still very new to reading tarot, I can share what the Tower card has meant for me in a love reading while single.

In general, it's meant some event or situation that was an unexpected jolt to the system - so far, not in a way I'd deem "negative" or scary. In my questions regarding a romantic interest, it's been an inexplicably strong connection between us that was very hard to ignore. It's also meant very intense feelings for someone, that I wasn't expecting and was definitely surprised by. Also very hard to ignore, as much as I tried.

Hope that helps!

yannie

Oh, sorry about that! I read it again and now I get it!

That last sentence of yours really sparked my interest, would you care to explain if it's not too private?

Yet, it could be that this Tower disregards your "forget it" and throws someone, who's the opposite of your standards, in your way, whom you'll find yourself head over heels in love with - or the celibacy thing, of course :D Who knows! My Tower moment hasn't come yet this time around. Though, I feel like my whole life has been a big Tower moment, so, I'm not sure if I'm ready for more earthquakes coming onto my path. I could really use some stability and a clear route right now. But you know ... Life! *sigh*

I read that you edited out some clarifiers, what were they, if I may ask? (am I being too nosy right now, it's fine to tell me off). I just wondered if you got some clarity what this Tower might speak about in regards to your situation. I didn't receive a single clarifier myself, so I'm feeling a bit disconcerted.

lol how does that sentence of mine interest you? Well as previously mentioned, I have just come up for air from a Tower period. Make that Tower+Death+Judgement all at once :bugeyed: The only man fit for me is one who has survived comparable $hit to mine & respects my experiences; I want a man I can respect, & only my equal deserves it. I don't expect any man to fit that bill.

I actually forgot what clarifiers I drew. My brain space is saved for more important things right now! Maybe the tower is telling me to forget this question mark of a guy, I've got more important $hit to do 😂

yannie

Hi, yannie.

While I'm still very new to reading tarot, I can share what the Tower card has meant for me in a love reading while single.

In general, it's meant some event or situation that was an unexpected jolt to the system - so far, not in a way I'd deem "negative" or scary. In my questions regarding a romantic interest, it's been an inexplicably strong connection between us that was very hard to ignore. It's also meant very intense feelings for someone, that I wasn't expecting and was definitely surprised by. Also very hard to ignore, as much as I tried.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for sharing Turner, all I can say is, Ooooh. That also sounds like a Lovers card to me :)

CosmicTarot

lol how does that sentence of mine interest you? Well as previously mentioned, I have just come up for air from a Tower period. Make that Tower+Death+Judgement all at once :bugeyed: The only man fit for me is one who has survived comparable $hit to mine & respects my experiences; I want a man I can respect, & only my equal deserves it. I don't expect any man to fit that bill.

I actually forgot what clarifiers I drew. My brain space is saved for more important things right now! Maybe the tower is telling me to forget this question mark of a guy, I've got more important $hit to do 😂

I just felt there was a deep meaning behind what was implied but unspoken, and from your explanation there seems to be something to it. I wholeheartedly relate to what you just said. I could have written it myself. Sorry to hear about your Tower+Death+Judgement experience. Ironically enough, I just came up for air from a situation like that too. Can’t say I’ve fully recovered, but, your ”standards” and view on life certainly undergoes an irreversible transformation after severe hardships.

Thanks for clarifying!