Bonefire Tarot Updates

desertrat

Add me to the list of folk also dying to start reading with your deck. :)

Love what I see of it so far. Hope you find a way to bring it out for us to share.

Me too! I'm very excited about your deck.

rylla

Me too! Wonderful! Count me in!

shadowdancer

wow, bit late to the party here (always happens but I like making an entrance)

Yowza, this is one cool looking deck. I LOVE the use of vibrancy and colour.

Will be following this thread with definite interest now. And I am only across the Tasman so it feels nice and cosily local (of sorts!)

Good luck with the final images and the next stage.

Davina

wooden-eye

You Rock!

Thanks so much guys- with support like this I can crowd surf to the finished deck!
I woosed out again on the 5 of Swords- or maybe got my head turned by the King Of Swords. He'll be finished before tomorrow. Quite a few of the figures in the Deck are based on real people; some from fiction and some from nowhere at all. I often find a card just is a person' so they get a role in the deck. I won't generally be crediting them in the LWB, I feel basing a card on a person kind of gives that card their energy. Obviously this might only work for my own readings. Needless to say the King of Swords is a leading cast member and as such I had to narrow down a list of contenders.
The winner was Alan Watts, a man who never said anything not worth hearing and to my mind would be the ultimate father figure. Qualities which I feel embody the King of swords.
Who would you have for the K of S and why?

wooden-eye

An appeal for inner- calm

Ahhhh- moments of fear, doubt, projections of rejection. Lack of sleep, desertion of inner-calm. All lessons learnt, forgotten. Aches and pains, paranoia and muddy thinking. I know what must be happening; Gabrielle is getting close to finishing a project and her stupid mind is trying a full on assault. Aside from referring to her in the third person, it is trying to sabotage her and make her fail. This time she is way closer to her centre than she has ever been so this could be the biggest battle yet.
Please help her by supporting her Start- kicker campaign and keep her shadow side at bay long enough to see the project through. Start- kicking it now!
All practical advise considered, if not acted upon.xxx

Chronata

Do not worry. You will not fail in any way.
This happens to all creators, I think. It happened to me.

In the midst of doubt and worry and an artist block the size of the great wall of China,I stopped my project cold and did something else. Something silly and just for fun. Quick doodle deck that outsold my first project, and has pretty much outsold every other deck project I have had since.

Sometimes the kicking comes from a small break.And sometimes it comes from a change of scenery.
Just don't worry, things will come at the proper time.

baylys

You'll be fine. I totally agree with what Chronata said.

And if not, I wear steelcap boots. They work well at kicking things.

PS: I actually thought you were trying to tell us in code that you had set up a kickstarted acct and were wanting donations. I searched but couldn't find anything.

emmsma

We are loving your work. We will love the creations yet to come. Fear not. Listen to Chronata. Maybe a short break is needed, to clear your head. We will still be loving what you bring us when you get back.

Metal Queen

Bonefire feedback

It is a joy to view such vibrant colourful artwork. Beautiful!

wooden-eye

Thanks for the rapid response Guys. I may have been being a tinsy bit melodramatic last night. Ruminating when sleeping was definitely the better option.
There are plenty of distractions lined up for today and painting in general is in jeopardy for the next couple of weeks. One of my dads will be here from England and I will be showing him a good time, he is 81 going on 25, sets a hell of a pace and a fine example of the beneficial effects of not worrying. He comes every year and is the only person I know who actually enjoys the flight to Aus.
For now though I will try to get the drawing done for the six of wands; to horse or not to horse? That is the question ( well it's a question). This card has some good messages in there for me, especially in the light of Rachel Pollock's 78 Degrees of Wisdom interpretation.
Awww heck- gotta go - just remembered some-ones coming and the dishes are in the sink!
Have a look at Metal Queen's deck if you haven't all ready - "Wild Nature". The art work is freaking awesome!
Thanks again. I wish we could all move into a village and talk about Tarot for ever!