thoth journalling?

delinfrey

What are the things specific to Thoth journalling? I just started a new Thoth journal, but I don't want to make it into only a reference book or copy the Book of Thoth.. on the other hand, I want it more as a studying/learning reference or guide, say for my children in the future (so "daily draws" and "empowering reflections" is not quite the thing, whereas it does work with some oracles).

Can you point out some specific things you journal with the Thoth?

Samweiss

One thing I found useful when studying Thoth, is that when reading card's entry in Book of Thoth, google all the things Crowley references. All the french or latin phrases, myths and symbols, etc. and then write down all your thoughts how those things relate to that particular card. You can even look up definitions of some words you are not sure about (if you are not native english-speaker like me) as Crowley was someone who didn't throw words around carelessly.

Achlys

One thing I found useful when studying Thoth, is that when reading card's entry in Book of Thoth, google all the things Crowley references. All the french or latin phrases, myths and symbols, etc. and then write down all your thoughts how those things relate to that particular card. You can even look up definitions of some words you are not sure about (if you are not native english-speaker like me) as Crowley was someone who didn't throw words around carelessly.

Seconding this. It helps a lot to know all the details and symbolism of each card to help study and deepen your meanings for them. I would also pair this with your own interpretation of the card before researching all the symbols, etc. and compare the ideas.