reading- Personal examples-

tarot_quest

Hi guys!

I would like to have some of your personal examples for readings. What I mean is that it would be interesting and instructive to know which cards you got (quick example) for a given reading that made sens to the querent (or for yourself).

I feel that we often give technical definitions (which is good, we need solid basics!), but it would be nice to learn about some specific example (for spread) that made sens/were relevant to you. It can be some card combination or what inspires you :)

Also, do you feel that you intuition is stronger in your ''best'' reading?

Thanks!

Grizabella

The Reading Exchange sub-forum has tons and tons of examples of people's readings and the cards they've drawn. That's where you need to go.

I feel pleased when I get feedback that's positive but I've been reading long enough to know that, even if my feedback doesn't acknowledge certain aspects of the reading as being right, that doesn't mean I've gotten it totally wrong because the future hasn't unfolded yet.

I organize my reading exchanges so they're easy to follow. Here's a link or two for you----

21 Card Romany

Motherpeace

tarot_quest

Ok thanks! :)

Starri Knytes

Hi guys!

I would like to have some of your personal examples for readings. What I mean is that it would be interesting and instructive to know which cards you got (quick example) for a given reading that made sens to the querent (or for yourself).

It's great to use established readers format for delivering an awesome reading for friends/family/clients.

I feel that we often give technical definitions (which is good, we need solid basics!), but it would be nice to learn about some specific example (for spread) that made sens/were relevant to you. It can be some card combination or what inspires you :)

If I'm understanding correctly, you would also like to use other readers terms for defining their readings to use in your readings? That's not even possible, you/your clients would be missing out on so much if you try to copy what was created for someone else. Also every definition doesn't apply to every issue.
That doesn't even take into account the intuitive aspects of the reader you are copying.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. (in my opinion)

Further the use of cards combinations has been much discussed here recently. It was the opinion of many that there are no hard and fast meanings for any card combination. (Try a site search for the threads concerning card combinations.)

My advice would be, to do more readings. The more readings you do, the better and easier they will become.

Also, do you feel that you intuition is stronger in your ''best'' reading?

Thanks!

I am an intuitive, my intuition is always on. I would say that my best readings are readings in which I have a little more time to receive information from all resources.

Good luck sweetie!

tarot_quest

If I'm understanding correctly, you would also like to use other readers terms for defining their readings to use in your readings? That's not even possible, you/your clients would be missing out on so much if you try to copy what was created for someone else. Also every definition doesn't apply to every issue.
That doesn't even take into account the intuitive aspects of the reader you are copying.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. (in my opinion)

Good luck sweetie!

Oh no! That's not what I said at all!! I was just curious of other people readings, I have NO intention to copy anybody, my readings are pretty good and I rely on my intuition (plus the card meanings that I have acquired over time)...

Anyways I did not post at the right place I guess....

Starri Knytes

My sincerest apologies.

Must have misunderstood what was meant by wanting "specific examples" and "card combination".

I hope you found the correct place to post.

Again, I apologize.

Bright and Magical Blessings!

Grizabella

As I understood what she meant, it seemed she just wanted to see what a reading done by someone experienced would look like. I referred her to my exchanges because I organize them where they're easy to follow for people who are learning and I hope that helped her. I didn't take it that she was going to copy anyone. :)

sashie

I've considered doing this, but didn't know how much of an audience there would be.
Posting readings& notes for and around big events in my life.
Like, I would post the reading and my original notes. Allow others to offer interpretations per the structure of 'your readings.' And then add what actually happened after the events unfolded.
I love checking out others readings when they follow up with the actual results.

tarot_quest

I've considered doing this, but didn't know how much of an audience there would be.
Posting readings& notes for and around big events in my life.
Like, I would post the reading and my original notes. Allow others to offer interpretations per the structure of 'your readings.' And then add what actually happened after the events unfolded.
I love checking out others readings when they follow up with the actual results.

That was my original idea! Do you want to try? I like this structure! Looking in our tarot journal for a specific event (spread) and giving my interpretation of it and THEN what happen in real life. I think that all the magic is there. First, is it the good forum to do so? And if not, we could exchange private messages :)

MandMaud

This is the right subforum, I'd say. And AT discourages doing this kind of thing by PM because it is a learning forum, and people can't learn from your thinking / experiments / exchanges if you don't post them out here in the forum! :)

I strongly recommend that you follow a lot of the reading exchange threads in Your Readings (and yes, Grizabella's are easier than most to find your way around). And as Starri says, just keep on keeping on with your own practice. The more we do, the fuller and deeper our understanding of each card's energies. Not that we ever get to "know it all" from what the most experienced tell us...!