HOW TO NEVER LEARN ANOTHER SPREAD

Mallah

I dreamed the first version of this, and it evolved:

I have a couple of further evolutions of my original idea of using chance to suggest the names of card postions. I posted the original notion here a few weeks ago, but it's growing and evolving...

Version 1 (I dreamed this orginally).
Imagine...your sitter has no specific question (how often does THAT happen, eh?) So you pull three cards face down and touch each one lightly and mysteriously say the first words that come into your mind...."Log...train....jumbo"....and then turn the cards up and read them with the words you just said being the position names....perhaps "log" could be a tree that falls in their path...an obstacle...or maybe it's fuel for the fire....etc etc. VARIATION....have the SITTER name the positions...

Version 2
Pull three (or however many) cards....then close your eyes, and point somewhere in the room...then open your eyes...what are you pointing at? (The clock)...ok, the first card becomes "the clock"....repeat this for however many cards you have. then interpret accordingly (BTW it's a good idea to have stickies to put down...this helps you remember what you said) VARIATION: Have the Querant do this instead...even more mysterious,LOL.

Version 3
Instead of pointing somwhere in the room, close your eyes and open a book at random and point at a word or picture for each card position name.

Version 4....using the cards themselves for this:
Start with no question....pull three (or however many) and lay them out face up (don't use reversals for these 3, if you use them at all)...these become your position markers and names...you then pull that many cards again and lay them down over lapping the first three, and interpret them in light of the underlying position cards! For example:
8 of Pents**********Knight Pents************King Wands
....these become the "meanings" of your positions....
for example, they could be:
8pents...what is prudent, what is going to be learned thru repetion and steady progress.
Knight Pents....what is sure, what is steady, what will dependably help you to make progress.
King Wands.....what is charismatic about you, what will reign with strength.
(you sort of have to see what cards get thrown on top of them to know exactly what the position will mean)
Then throw three cards on top of them, but maybe overlapping, so you can still see the "position card" underneath....
8pents/3 swords rx
Knight pents/Ace Cups
King Wands/Sun rx
Then interpret:
8pents/3 swords rx=You will go thru heartbreak/suffering many times in order to really learn the lessons that the relationships are trying to teach you...but you grow strong and steady of heart and this crafts you into a well rounded and stronger person.
Knight pents/Ace Cups=We see that here...because what is dependable and sure is that strong connection you have to heart, intuition and love. You can always count on that to carry you thru and win the day
King Wands/Sun rx= When the Sun is reversed, it means it's overshadowed...see the reversal back at the 3 of swords? See the clouds? It's happening here, too, with your heart...the sun is often the heart...and as you will remember, the ace of cups was your heart, made strong and brilliant thru suffering...but here, in the place of your natural charisma and attractiveness (king of wands), we see that still overshadowed...you are having fears of loving...probably because of the pain and hurt of the past. You see how the king of wands looks to the knight of pents? And the Knight looks back at him? These two are in connection. You can rely now on what's steady and dependable...your heart and it's ability to love...it is gold, and gold is unsullied by tarnish...it remains clear and pure....but you have to trust that, for your heart is the sun, and it is gold too...and people will see that in your face (Sun's face = greek "phos" which is where we get the word "light".) Let your heart show on your face, and it will give you the charisma and attractiveness (King Wands). But if you are not trusting your heart, your face/persona/personality will be overshadowed and it will show to the world that way. Don't be afraid to love!
Basically, you never have to know another spread in order to do this, and it all looks very impressive to the client....very...mysterious....

Pipistrelle

I quite like these ideas - especially choosing random words or things in the room as the spread positions. I think that could give some interesting results. I always want to read when I have nothing in particular to read about! I'm going to try this.

I think Version 4 would make my head hurt :bugeyed: but I agree it looks/sounds impressive.

plant witch

the last one looks really neat! I really like the idea of the cards telling you what needs to be addressed and building interpretations based on two cards rather then one. So cool!

Sherryl

These are brilliant. Kind of like using a "Question" or spread position deck, only your environment becomes the deck.

Mallah

The spread is a form of divination in itself. Divination originally came from reading signs in the environment....hell, that's what Meteorology still IS....

rylla

Thanks for this interesting new idea for a spread. Anxious to try it out.