any good spreads for 'best place to live' when there are no specific options in mind?

donnalee

I am interested in hearing if there are any spreads that will tell me the best place for me to live, *even though I do not have specific places in mind*. That means that a spread that says 'among choices A,B,C, these are the likely outcomes' are not what I am looking for right now.

It's just an idea that maybe someone has a spread which will indicate something specific somehow--like a system that means that "this card here indicates 30 miles north of this other card" or whatever! Thanks all for any ideas.

tarotlova

I am interested in hearing if there are any spreads that will tell me the best place for me to live, *even though I do not have specific places in mind*. That means that a spread that says 'among choices A,B,C, these are the likely outcomes' are not what I am looking for right now.

It's just an idea that maybe someone has a spread which will indicate something specific somehow--like a system that means that "this card here indicates 30 miles north of this other card" or whatever! Thanks all for any ideas.

Try my Double Celtic Cross, it's really good for questions like these and gives you a time indicator too. I think it might be in the spreads section under timing.

Amanda

Well, I'm not very good at coming up with spreads (or sometimes even questions for that matter, :D) but here is a list of questions I thought you might be interested in, and some of my reasoning on why they could be asked:

1. Who will most currently be attached to the place as it becomes my place?
2. What does this place look like?
3. What surrounding amenities does this place offer?
4. What form of search should I be conducting to find this place?
5. Where is it located from my current position?
6. When will I find this place?
7. When will I move in to this place?
8. Why will this place be the best for me?

I’ll try to explain my reasoning for some of the questions that might be considered “odd”. The first question I thought would be good, as it might give an indication to a private seller or maybe a specific type of organization that is selling, etc. Also, it could later be a good confirmation card after the right place is found and perhaps a meeting has taken place with someone.

Question number 5 will certainly be difficult. I would suggest that you first identify your current position on a map, and definitely consider body language to figure out where (for instance, the Magician points up and down; up would be referencing your current position –the place you want to take away from “above”- and the place you want to go “below” which could be south from your current position).

Question number 6 and 7; I would utilize my standard method, numbers of the suits and wands as days, cups as weeks, swords as months, pentacles as years. Court cards are other people influencing the timing; Majors might indicate that there is something else (and perhaps within the rest of the spread) indicating an influence on the timing.

donnalee

Thanks for these replies: somehow it didn't notigy me that anyone replied, and I have hardly been here lately. Thanks to you both and I will try what you suggest--