The Wild Unknown Tarot - IV Swords

lark

I was looking at it from a numerical view point the other day.
Analogies for the number 4.
solid
organized
rational
restricted
trustworthy
honest
patient
slowness
practical
traditional
straightness
immutability
prejudice
repression
ignorance
limitation
sudden violence
square
earth
grey

So your feeling of sudden violence fits in here.

I like the Greenwood card depiction of the four of swords...a fawn resting in between a dolman.
The feeling is of peace and rest and stability.
You still get the feeling the rocks could shift and crush the fawn.
But the fawn would have to be there at exactly the right time for that to happen.
Almost a fate kind of feeling....not to likely, but possible.

The feeling I get with the lamb is a trustworthy, naiveté, almost a Forrest Gump kind of feeling.

Like one of those nature films where the lion grabs the lamb and by some miracle he gets lose and escapes.
But the very shattering of the peace in the 4 leads to the troubles of the 5's.

madamnature

I agree about this little lamb/calf being able to choose how she will respond to the swords hanging above her.

I've seen it as the orb of light is her own mini sun, bringing wisdom and life and clarity. It shows the light that can happen when we erase ego and negative thoughts from our daily patters. The swords appear to be hovering over her, almost precariously, like she is hovering them herself, with her mind. To me it says if you can get a handle on your thoughts and mind and come to peace, you too can choose how something maybe not so positive affects you. However on the flip side, if we let our thoughts control us, they can come crashing down, even injuring us in the process.

I believe it can have a lot to say about our egos and the negative ways in which we talk to and think about ourselves and how that can be so detrimental to so much healing! I believe it says we can choose how to look at something and there's always a way to find out own peace in a situation.