My François Chosson and Pierre Madenié have arrived!

rivergum

And they are splendid! :)

I have had such fun opening the beautiful, sturdy glossy boxes to find these wonderful cards wrapped in a gloriously printed paper (which I am handling with such care to maintain it's perfection).

Comparing cards two-by-two was very interesting. The Chosson is slightly glossier, but both are wonderful to handle. I love the different engravings and colours. I was at first reluctant to shuffle as these cards are so special, but once you do, you feel perfectly confident. My first card was Le Diable which was wonderfully appropriate as I am procrastinating on writing up a Psychology report for tomorrow on "attachment".

I am new to tarot, and these are my first true copies of historical decks. I have the CBD TdeM which is a fantastic reconstruction, beautiful to shuffle and to read with and I have the Robledo TdeM and the Universal on their way to compare. I shall very much enjoy looking at them and learning how to read with them. Learning to read the pips will be my biggest challenge.

The François Chosson and Pierre Madenié Tarot de Marseilles are fabulous decks and I highly recommend them. Enjoy! :)

Inconnu

Agreed!

I got the Madenie a couple of weeks ago & the CBD two days ago. Love them both. I've developed a strong interest in historical packs & spending quite a bit of time reading up on them. Most of the facsimile packs I find to be fairly priced & as close as I'll ever get to holding history in my hands.

I was a little surprised that my Madenie is only #244/3000 What is the number of your pack?

I suppose you must of read the "Specialty makers" thread. I found that to be a lot of fun.

Having started my Tarot study with the RWS I didn't appreciate the beauty of the Marseilles design at first. Now I am finding it one of the most lovely & intriguing.

Good to read your feelings on these fine packs. I hope the makers of historic packs find a niche & are able to carry on making more available.

rivergum

I feel fortunate to have started in Tarot now, with these great historical facsimiles and reproductions available. I have the Pierre Madenié TdeM #898.

The specialty-makers thread is a great resource. I also like www.tarot-heritage.com which has a great page for beginners who want a broad overview of tarot decks through the years.

Yves Le Marseillais

Numbers

Agreed!

I got the Madenie a couple of weeks ago & the CBD two days ago. Love them both. I've developed a strong interest in historical packs & spending quite a bit of time reading up on them. Most of the facsimile packs I find to be fairly priced & as close as I'll ever get to holding history in my hands.

I was a little surprised that my Madenie is only #244/3000 What is the number of your pack?

I suppose you must of read the "Specialty makers" thread. I found that to be a lot of fun.

Having started my Tarot study with the RWS I didn't appreciate the beauty of the Marseilles design at first. Now I am finding it one of the most lovely & intriguing.

Good to read your feelings on these fine packs. I hope the makers of historic packs find a niche & are able to carry on making more available.

Hello Inconnu,

To answer to your question about your edition number re your Madenié deck, things are as following:

Madenié decks have been printed at 3000 copies only.
Each deck is allotted a handwritten number: ... /3000 copies
Each deck is carefully checked card by card to avoid any problem such as:
Cut card (very rarely), trimmed card up or down (it may happen), back of card scratched (it may happen rarely), missing card (rarely).
If any problem happen I will address a replacing card of course don't worry.
My motto is : Quality first, pleasure just after ha ha !!

Each deck is wrapped in his individual facsimile of original wrapper reproduction I printed and cut myself.

Decks well fitted are stocked on my shelves and I pick up one after one depending orders.
But you may get of of the very first exemplary or the latest one I treated.
In 15 months of distribution of Madenié deck I have only treated 1100 decks of this 3000 copies: I work alone and after my normal job during nights and week ends.

All in one, I am very satisfied of results and consider to produce another facsimile tarot for 2014 year. Plus a surprise that should please all tarot amatores and collectioners.

Thanks to you and all of those who contributes to this movement of revival of historical tarots.
Time is passing but Tradition is a ground for any modernity.

Have a nice day,

Yves LM

Inconnu

Yves,
Thanks for the description of how the cards are prepared. The personal care is obvious. I look forward to new historical packs from you.

Inconnu

I feel fortunate to have started in Tarot now, with these great historical facsimiles and reproductions available. I have the Pierre Madenié TdeM #898.

The specialty-makers thread is a great resource. I also like www.tarot-heritage.com which has a great page for beginners who want a broad overview of tarot decks through the years.

This is a great time to be starting out.

Yeah, I think there is growing interest in historic packs now, more than ever. I have a special fondness for the facsimiles. Many newly designed packs claim a antiquarian pedigree, (Templers, Druids, Arthurian, &c) but this is a fantasy. There is no actual historical linage. Though I like some of these packs & respect the artists intents. History isn't captured in dreams.

victoria.star

Beautiful decks!

I received both decks today. My o my. :heart:

I know I tend to gush; however, these decks are a step above.

There is something so quieting and lovely about the Chosson. There is something equally mischevious in the Madenie...

I am so glad to hold these cards in person!

Thank you, Yves. I cannot say enough about how wonderful I am perceiving the decks!

Merci.

BSwett

New Home for Madenie #1075!
Arrived Today. Love at first sight <3.

Thank you Yves. Super happy here!