Top 5 Favorite Decks Judging From The Back Only

decan

I agree that the back of the After Tarot is great!

Otherwise I would say the back of the Pagan Otherworlds. The back of the Smith-Waite Centennial is nice but a bit strict. Well, difficult topic!
So just a Top 3 for me.

CosmicTarot

I love flower designs!
My top favourites include
1. Fenestra Tarot
2. Vampyres Tarot
3. Nicoletta Ceccoli

- and I have to admit I like the M-G white stars on blue background :angel:

Boy, do I regret creating this thread: My Tarot craving just went through the roof!

Loving the Nicoletta Ceccoli back. I’ve considered purchasing it before, but I can’t decide what I think about the art style. The back is lovely nevertheless. Fenestra and Vampyres as well.

Thank you so much for your contribution and for attaching pictures!

CosmicTarot

I also love the Prisma Visions back!

Another of my favorites is the Vision Quest. Here's an image: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/75/8b/b6/758bb6092d5490cf8f191befecc3dd3b.jpg

I know, it's so good! :) That's one deck I'd buy in a heartbeat just for the back design. I like the imagery of the deck too, I'm just not sure how well I'd be able to read with it. Yet, I know I'll purchase is sooner or later.

Vision Quest is veeery pretty! I like the sky theme. I have so many new ideas for decks I want to buy after looking through everyone's suggestions. Thank you!!

CosmicTarot

What a cool thread!

I agree with most of the above, would add

Dreaming Way
Haindl
Archeon

Thank you, delinfrey! Tarot backs are one of my new areas of interest after looking through a bunch of My Tarot Deck Collection videos on YouTube.

I'd love to own Dreaming Way, and the back matches the quirkiness of the deck.
I had to do some Google research on Haindl & Archeon, since I've never heard of them: Loved Haindl but sadly I didn't find any back images of Archeon. I trust your judgment, nevertheless! Thanks!

CosmicTarot

Ancient Italian and Botticelli come to mind.

Ancient Italian looks lovely! As for Botticelli, I prefer the imagery over the back personally. Still, a very appealing deck.

Thank you!

CosmicTarot

I think the back of the After Tarot is beautiful.

Would agree with Dreaming Way - such an odd design but somehow works in a sort of wallpapery way. Feels very contemporary.

Would also add Night Sun and Dame Fortune's Wheel.

You just convinced me to get the After Tarot. The back is delightful. The imagery is great too. I have had my eyes on that deck before, without noticing what the back looked like. What made me refrain from getting it, is that I dislike the reproduction of Magician and Empress enough for it to trump my appreciation of the Rider-Waite next scene theme. The back won me over!

Thank you so much!

CosmicTarot

These decks came to my mind, too. I know there are multiple Ancient Italian backs, and I like ALL the ones I've seen.

1. Hello, Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus?? That one's overwhelming in person! (Holographs!)
2. Golden Botticelli
3. Twilight Realm
4. Vision Quest
5. Llewellyn Classic, Lo Scarabeo Pamela Colman Smith

I'm also really attracted to wallpapery backs. So that would include the Baba decks, Pagan Otherworlds, Medieval Scapini, Nymphs...

ETA, whoops, Vision Quest is already linked. I also like a lot of the lily/rose incarnations around

Some wonderful suggestions!
The Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus, how awesome is that? I almost fainted when I saw the ABRACADABRA. I’ve always loved the triangular abracadabra incantation.

Thank you for contributing and for attaching images! That's always appreciated. I think it makes it a little more interesting when scrolling through threads like these, to have immediate access to the decks being referred to. Much appreciated!

CosmicTarot

The two that come immediately to mind are the Shadowscapes and first edition Daniloff. I'd have to go through my decks (no small task) to figure out others.

If it wasn't for the card stock of Shadowscapes, I'd wholeheartedly agree. I think it looks great in images and videos and I really looked forward to buying it, but when I held the deck in my hand in the boutique, the disappointment washed over me. The cards were bendy and thin, and it kinda made the deck lose it's appeal to me. But, I'll just try to forget about my real life experience with it, and appreciate the prettiness of the back at a distance.

Daniloff!! Love it! Haven't seen that one before. Thank you! And let us know if you ever go through your decks. I know I'm always up for talking and looking at beautiful Tarot decks :)

CosmicTarot

Tabula Mundi, Foutain Tarot for me.

Agreed and agreed. I commented on Tabula Mundi in a previous post, and Fountain Tarot is one of those decks that I need to own one day. Thanks!

CosmicTarot

I agree that the back of the After Tarot is great!

Otherwise I would say the back of the Pagan Otherworlds. The back of the Smith-Waite Centennial is nice but a bit strict. Well, difficult topic!
So just a Top 3 for me.

Pagan Otherworlds is gorgeous!

I own the Smith-Waite Centennial and I can't make up my mind. It's not the worst, but not the best (and I'm not huge on the card stock of the Centennial in a tin, not sure if it's the same as for the original sized deck?). Yet, I think it's a lot better than the tedious plaid back.

Thank you so much!