Using the cards to find lost things

Gloria Jean

I was going crazy one day looking for my car keys. I'm good at loosing them. I decided to see if the tarot could be of some help in finding them. I picked up the deck and demanded to know where my car keys were. (LOL) It was a three card reading.

The cards implied that I was being lazy and disorganized and that was the reason I misplaced things. (I was being preached at by the cards.) I acknowledged that advice and once again asked where my car keys were.

In my mind I was thinking: "How stupid is this. How can a deck of cards tell me where something is? I'm just wasting my time."

The readings meant pretty much nothing as I stared at them, and I did three readings... nothing came to mind. But then I took note that in every reading the page of wands had shown up.

Now when a card's traditional meaning tells you nothing, I had read that you should just look at the picture and ignore the traditional meaning. On that page of wands (my former deck) there was a lot of darkness and a candle. Since the card had shown up three time out of three I knew that was the card with the answer, but I got nothing. I got frustrated and just decided to give up and I grabbed all of the cards and started putting them back and while doing that the page of wands flipped out of the deck.

Four out of four. That did it. That was my card. I studied it carefully. It's dark, and there is a candle. That is what stood out to me. My car keys were in a dark place .... where I kept ... candles?

Then I remembered a drawer next to my computer where I kept candles because one night the lights had gone out so I put candles and matches in there. I went to that drawer, and low and behold, there were my car keys.

I think the answer is there, but sometimes we just don't see it.

Gloria Jean

Finding something for someone else

The first time I used the cards to find something I was very new at reading tarot cards and I was asked by my sister to see if I could find out where she lost her cell phone. A tall order for a non-psychic new tarot card reader. I did not have a clue.

But again, I did three card readings and I was using the mythic deck. I kept getting one with a picture of a girl sitting by the water and there was a large cup there. There were other pictures of water and cups that kept showing up. I had no idea.

So I described the cards that kept turning up to my sister over the phone. I told her I had no idea what they meant. I said that I kept seeing a girl sitting by the water and a large cup...

Suddenly my sister (over the phone) yelled "Oh wow I remember where I left it!" She was real excited. I asked her how? How did that help you to remember where you left your cell phone?

She said that she had forgotten that after work she had gone to a restaurant to order some take out and she had ordered a very large cup of ice water and she was sitting at a table with that large cup of water and she laid her cell phone down next to that cup. When they called her to pick up her order she got up to get it and left the cup and the phone there on the table. She left and went home with the food.

So she went to the restaurant the next day to see if her phone had been recovered, and sure enough, she had left her phone there.

We were both quite amazed at how that reading went down.

Floss

I pulled one card ages ago now when I lost my mobile phone. My card was RWS Four of Pentacles. I immediately thought 'car' , (wheels, his hands on the steering wheel) .. and went to my car and found the phone UNDER the driver's seat!!! :)

pippi

Great stories! Look forward to reading more, as others chime in. :)

Cicero

When my modest collection of three decks went missing, I got mad and bought a new one. Six months with no cards...I was going through withdrawals.

I read on here using another deck to find lost decks, so I'm like "What the hey?" I get the High Priestess.

Oh hahahaha, my new Favole deck has a sarcastic tone

But basically, my cards were not going to be found by me, and only when they want to be/ time for them to be found.

A week later my sister finds them, on the day my baby nephew was born no less. Damn decks and thier cheeky brand of humor. God I love them for it!

nisaba

Jenny_writer said:
That was my card. I studied it carefully. It's dark, and there is a candle. That is what stood out to me. My car keys were in a dark place .... where I kept ... candles?

Then I remembered a drawer next to my computer where I kept candles because one night the lights had gone out so I put candles and matches in there. I went to that drawer, and low and behold, there were my car keys.

I think the answer is there, but sometimes we just don't see it.
<grin> You might want to go to this thread. Tarot games aren't all about wasting time - some of them build up real skills.

Gloria Jean

nisaba said:
<grin> You might want to go to this thread. Tarot games aren't all about wasting time - some of them build up real skills.

I would like to play the game, but I'm not sure how. Could you explain it?

nisaba

I haven't played it for a couple of month, but when I was playing regularly it went like this:

One person, the one who won the last round, gets to hide a real object in their home, that is, physically take a thing out of its normal place and put it somewhere else. The rest of us get to use our Tarot decks to work out two things: what the object is, and where it has been placed.

Me, I found one particular deck to be very good at it. I'd pull two cards, one for "what" and one for "where". And I wouldn't think about the meaning of the cards at all, but I'd look at details: the kinds of scenes, objects shown in the card, and occasionally the meaning. Then we'd write our thoughts back, and hte person who had hidden the object would say "warm" or "cool" to indicate if we were heading in the right direction.

After playing that game for a while, it takes fewer and fewer guesses, especially with decks that don 't mind a bit of casual fun. A while after I stopped playing (for want of time, not because I wasn't interested), someone here PMed me in great distress, having lost their grandmother's necklace. I pulled a where card only, since I already knew what, and they looked where I suggested, and drew a blank. So I pulled another card, and bearing in mind the previous card as well as the new ones, suggested some other stuff. The necklace was found.

More recently, a friend of mine who's only dimly Tarot-aware and certainly isn't Aeclectic-aware, lost her car-keys, and because she and her partner were at war, needed to find them again before he found out. I pulled the Star. I couldn't think of anything except "look in the place you most often go in the early evening". She found the key-ring stuffed under the cushions of the lounge where she liked to sit and watch the news of an evening. That was on a first guess.

That game is *very* good at getting you in-tune with how your deck communicates ordinary stuff, something none of us should ever be high-and-mighty enough to ignore.

Eowyn

nisaba said:
Me, I found one particular deck to be very good at it.
Yep. That happens.
In my case, it's the fourth aeclectic community proyect to use it here, and another deck to track lost stuff at home.

For example, once a key holder got lost here in this house, and I started pulling cards for a couple of days, trying to find it. Just analizing the cards, it was obvious the item was on the move :bugeyed:

Eventually, the person that (we are sure) took it put it back in a really stupid place, where it was impossible to have missplaced it. That is how we concluded it was taken outside the house for some days, and that is the reason why the cards showed me specific characteristics in a moment, and then changed completely.

In my experience, cards tend to be direct and concrete when finding lost items.

Faolainn Storm

I woke up Tuesday night and found the back of one of my earrings in my bed. I looked in the bed, but didn't find the earring. Looked all around the bed and still couldn't find it. I finally decided that it was too late to keep looking and I'd continue in the morning. I looked everywhere I could think of yesterday. I knew I'd had the earring in Monday morning, when I washed my hair, and I hadn't been out of the house since, so it had to be in the house, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Just before bed last night I thought to draw a tarot card on it. I used the Greenwood and pulled Ten of Stones. First thing I saw was the building, which annoyed me as I already knew it had to be in the house somewhere. Then I saw the apple tree and thought apple = food = kitchen. I asked my mother if she had looked there and she said she had, but I thought I would have another look. I walked over stood in the doorway, looked down, and there is was. I went back to the card and realised the stones made an arch, just like a doorway.

Now if only I had thought to do that earlier, I wouldn't have wasted my entire morning searching for an earring. :D

FS