UK Tarot Conference & Gay Tarot Book

BS6Robin

Hi to All.

Just spent a great weekend at the UK Tarot Conference, hosted by Kim Arnold, with Mark McElroy and other experts giving their experiences and holding workshops. Thanks to all. I've pressed Mark to encourage LS to produce a book for the Gay Tarot, even in E-book form. I was listened to, and lots of agreement, but who knows when it will come together. I did suggest that all us gay readers could contribute ideas, which we have talked about in the past, to the E-Book, perhaps with Lee Bursten editing it? I've not got the experience to do much, except produce nagging emails!

Well, anyway, we should try to keep up the posts for the GT deck and our ideas on readings, spreads etc.

Blessings to all.

Robin

RiccardoLS

Hi Robin,

I felt the need to intervene here.

When I got back from London I made it clear to LS that I received an unanimous request for "books" on all the decks we produce.
What part of our public that was present in London - I could easily define them "high-end" - is starving because there are very few books for them (I refer expecially to companion books, as we produce mostly decks).
I remembered I aksed Robin to state to me "why" he needed a book. He answered to me: "because I need to give more, about any single card".

The request has not gone unnoticed, both for this deck and for all possible decks.
I don't know really what could be the LS answer... as we are truly short on resources (just think of the abysmal state of our website). However we know that this request for books (or e-books) must be met.

I, again, say that if You want to give pressure for the need of a book, don't be shy and write. It doesn't mean that we will count request, and we will publish a book once we have reached a certain number. It means that we have knowledge and understanding of the request.

Thanks again to Robin for telling me, in London.
The whole experience was enlightning to me. ^^

ric

AJ

Ric, have you talked to Scion about his work with the Liber T? He told me he was going to talk to you about at least an e-book. He has been so generous with the gazillion of hours he has put into it with the members here, please give it a thought.

About being crimped for funds...I had my own brick and mortar business for 18 years, and work from home now. I can't tell you how many people have the expectation that I am rich because I own/owned a business. :) One day a small plane went over and I told my husband, "well, there goes another Lear Jet owned by an small businessperson...

RiccardoLS

I talked with Scion a while ago.
I'm trying to get for him Negrini's notes in Italian.

As for "funds". I meant resources: most notably time.
LS is 8 people total... and we are - right now - overwhelmed :((