progressed moons

isthmus nekoi

Can anyone recommend a book for progressed moons? (Or any other kind of resource...) This is of particular interest to me as my progressed moon is minutes away from conjuncting my Saturn-Jupiter conjunction which is a major focal point in my chart (lots of aspects from those 2). Your help is always appreciated :)

lunalafey

I just got a book called 'the Moon & Everyday Living' by Daniel Pharr. I have not gotten into it to deeply yet but it covers each moon(natal) in each of the signs, what to do and what to expect. It seems pretty basic for those that want to work with the Moon but don't want to get to much into the rest of astrology. What's your moon and where is the conjunction, I'll give you a run down from what I can find in the book...

Moongold

Isthmus.
This isn't much but it might help a bit. It's from Loftus A spiritual approach to astrology

The Progressed Moon (Primary and Secondary)

The progressed Moon acts like a transitting Saturn. It shows where the individual must learn to adapt. Changes and crises are experienced in the house affairs of the Progressed Moon, so that you are forced to adapt. It is a test of one's emotional adaptability. Usually the individual will be more involved in the house affairs during the Progressed Moon's stay in that house. When the Progressed Moon crosses a cusp something significant generally happens to the individual.

Moongold

Moongold

More Progressed Moon

Hi Isthmus,

From Christine Shaw Predictive astrology

The Moon's natal chart shows how we instinctively act to overly emotional and stressful situations. Water sign Moons retreat or cry or maybe cook........ (????!!!!)

The Progressed Moon's functions are to act as a timer to the progressd chart events. There is a whole chapter in this book but I'm not sure what it is you want.

Moongold

Minderwiz

Christine Shaw is good, you can also try Predictive Astrology by Carol Rushman but probably the best overall (and the most expensive) is Predictive Astrology, The Eagle and the Lark by Bernadette Brady.

Brady argues that the progressed Moon iteslf has no meaning - its role is that of a highlighter - so progressd moon in close aspect to Saturn/Jupiter will highlight their role in your life - through their house placement, sign placement and aspects. Expect to find these two playing a more emphasised role in your life for the next few months.

Astraea

Progressed Moon

My sense is that you are looking for resources concerned with specific progressed lunar sign/aspect combinations. I am not aware of any books or websites devoted to that subject (strange, considering all the astrology books that have been published in recent years).

In my view, "The Lunation Cycle" by the late Dane Rudhyar remains the best resource for understanding the Moon's role in the birthchart. The book includes information on the progressed lunar cycle, but not at the level of detail you might be looking for. "The Lunation Cycle" was out of print for many years, but has been reissued -- I believe that the new publisher is Aurora, but am not certain (mine is the older version). Check on Amazon to be sure. Rudhyar's writing is dense and often difficult going, but definitely repays study!

You might also check the website www.astroamerica.com. This is the best on-line resource for astrology books that I have found, and the owner is an astrologer with many years' experience and a great deal of expertise (Note: he also carries a good assortment of tarot decks and books and ships promptly, at reasonable rates). His name is David Roell. You might e-mail him at dave@astroamerica.com and ask him if he can recommend any books containing the material you're looking for.

Good luck in your search! :)

isthmus nekoi

thanks!!

you guys are the greatest! Thanks for the speedy replies!

lunalafey, that is very kind of you to offer, I appreciate it very much! I was specifically thinking of the progressed moon (not natal moon position) though and it sounds like your book is about the natal chart moon?

Moongold, thanks for posting the info. I think I've seen the Shaw book, will see if I can locate it again. The moon's in my 8th house right now! As if I don't spend enough time there :p

Minderwiz, I will definetely try to get my hands on those resources. The exciting thing about being aware of transits/progressions is that for the slower moving ones, they're happening for the first time (or will never happen again) and it's such a learning experience.

Astrea, that's quite right, I was hoping for info on specific aspects. Thanks for the pointers! Astroamerica looks like a great resource for the study group too.

Thanks again, everyone, this is very helpful :)

Moongold

Isthmus, this is what Shaw says about the Progressed Moon in the 8th House in case you can't get the book:

A "heavy" emotional time, often with power trips and struggles with others over emotional sexual isues and finances. Scorpio type matters come to the fore, which bring confrontations of many sorts, resulting in you having to refine and sometimes transform your basic emotional characteristics. The intensity can "get you down" as you search for deeper meaning and values on which to base your future life, It is often a very profound period.

So look after yourself, Isthmus. Sounds like a challenging time.

Moongold

isthmus nekoi

Moongold: that excerpt is great, thanks for taking the time to type them all of them out for me! The last one sounds pretty accurate (except the finances part), but then again, that also sounds like business as usual for me, w/ or w/o a progressed moon :) This sort of thing is exactly what gets my juices flowing; I must've been a Scorp sun in a past life! Nothing like some destructive Tower action to make you feel alive!! (Yeah, I'm kinda crazy that way....)

Moongold

Hi Isthmus,

Perhaps you could explain what a Progressed Moon actually is?

I've read that the movement of planets over the course of a day will represent the movement of the progressed planets over the course of a year. The 30th day after birth will represent the 30th year of life, for example.

And the energy of particular transit occurring during this first 30 days will be stored in the infant's unconscious and can be lated assimilated into consciousness by the adult who may then generate an outer event due to these realizations. Is that correct?

So far so good but what does this actually mean? Does it mean that by looking at the particular transits for day 60 after my birth I can see what may possibly happen in my 60th year?

If, say you are 30 now (just guessing) is what you are doing exploring the unconscious memory of the lunar transits whihc occurred on the 30th day after your birth?

If you could explain, that would be much appreciated.

Moongold