Rackham By Duck Soup

Nemia

This deck caught my eye, too, when I visited his site last night. It's a beauty.

I'm not drawn to oracle decks usually but this one goes right on my wishlist. On a top spot.

I'm reminded of Buryn's Blake Tarot which maybe tries to hard to impose a tarot-like structure on Blake's images. It might be a better idea to let the art grow into an oracle, the way Freder did here. Well, maybe I didn't try hard enough with my Blake which I love to look at - but can't read very well because I feel I have to understand its structure better.

Freder's work is unique and wonderful. I could afford until now only the Lombardi Danneggiato which I love. I wish I was rich enough to start a Duck Soup sub-collection...

reall

Agree, Reall! No borders would be awesome! That was one of my beefs with the Ring Cycle tarot - the borders ate the image, way too big! (and two tone - ugh!)

That is an interesting concept, about famous works being so powerful that it interferes with reading...perhaps due to the fact it already has a life of its own.

exactly!:))) you get mesmerized by art and watch in awe while customer grows impatient!^^lolz :))
I vote for option with blank white space around the art and small part with title!^^:)

The Happy Squirrel

I'm reminded of Buryn's Blake Tarot which maybe tries to hard to impose a tarot-like structure on Blake's images. It might be a better idea to let the art grow into an oracle, the way Freder did here. ...

I like this approach of his. High respect for the integrity of pre-existing artwork. He said something along the line of not forcing the images into tarot structure in his blog exactly as you said here. He appears to maintain original ratio of frames and not prone to cropping as well, a philosophy which I highly sympathise with come to reproductions.

The Happy Squirrel

I vote for option with blank white space around the art and small part with title!^^:)

Apparently the current border design was created to help the illusion of uniformity in the ratios of the artwork (width and length) which varies. I can see that with blank borders, you could easily spot this, while with strong top and bottom ornaments, the eyes are fooled into thinking they are all of the same ratios.

:)

lightpers

This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing, Happy Squirrel! my God, it is a pretty oracle!!

reall

Apparently the current border design was created to help the illusion of uniformity in the ratios of the artwork (width and length) which varies. I can see that with blank borders, you could easily spot this, while with strong top and bottom ornaments, the eyes are fooled into thinking they are all of the same ratios.

:)

:)) yep!:) I was totally fooled!x,x ;))

The Happy Squirrel

I would love to have a giant version of this deck [emoji16] Like, 6 inches [emoji12]

Freder

Thanks all for your interest in this project and kind words!

The Arthur Rackham Oracle is available now. I'm very pleased with the printed result, it turned out better than I hoped. I dare say that Rackham's art has never looked better.

But I'll let y'all be the judge of that.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com