Golden Tarot -- Four of Coins

Myrrha

A man in a dark red robe is sitting with his back to a city. It is a beautiful, sophisticated city. There is a lot to do there, lots of different kinds of people (the differently colored buildings with different windows). There is even a building that looks very much like a skyscraper in the upper left corner. A lot of fun could be had here but the man continues with his studying and coin-fondling.

Three beautiful women with their servant are riding away into the city behind him. They are talking amongst themselves and saying things that interest the man. He half turns but even these beautiful interesting women are not enough to get him away from his work. He is overly cautious, overly conscientious. He is making money and stashing it ALL away in that big basket. He is afraid to have any fun because it might cost him some money.

Work and studying and making money are not all there is too life. His ambition and caution isolate him.

Of course, if this card comes up the day before an exam or a big project due at work it might have a different message.

Herzog

I also see this card as warning, "You have achieved a certain level of success, but don't forget where you came from"

KristinCali

Three beautiful women with their servant are riding away into the city behind him. They are talking amongst themselves and saying things that interest the man. He half turns but even these beautiful interesting women are not enough to get him away from his work.

Thank you for this! I came here because I was wondering what others thought of the man's posture and position. Your description makes perfect sense! He is only half interested in them because his greed is too strong.