Golden Tarot - Knight of Swords

tarot4fun

Knight of Swords

From the LWB~
St. George fights a fierce winged dragon. He rides a gray horse and holds his sword aloft. An orange butterfly flutters in a corner. In the distance, a bird sits in a bare tree.

Meaning: A brash young man, hot-headed but keen to do what is right. A man of action, one who gets things done. Righteous anger. Bravery, courage and heroism. Triumph over opposition.
This Knight is definitely focused on the task, but at what cost? I can’t help but feel sorry for the little dragon.
Is this someone with a narrow point of view? The background looks kind of bleak. Is he so determined to eliminate the enemy that he destroys all other life in the vicinity?
Is he the one who is always rushing in with an opinion or a correction?
This reminds us to think before we speak and consider the cost before we take action.

:heart:

firefrost

I agree with you, tarot4fun.

This Knight is a personality card of mine and it's one of the cards I look at when buying a deck if I can. I want to see action in my KoS but not this kind.

I always imagined a gigantic dragon being slayed by George the hero so this doesn't sit right.

I think this brings out the negative side of the Knight. I would rather have seen the dragon dead than looking up, terrified like this.

I just feel like saying to the Knight: "Well done (not), I just hope you're proud of yourself, because no-one else is. Next time, put your brain in gear before you act".

:heart:

Herzog

Hmm...I dont get that feeling. I see this Knight like a fire fighter, or someone in law enforcement; rushing in to save the day while the rest of us head in the opposite direction. Total courage and bravery

I wouldn't feel sorry for that dragon. Remember, He's a dragon; He terrorizes little children and keeps us grownup's from realizing our potential