Lenormand Deck from Robert M. Place

Tag_jorrit

Why do modern designers of Lenormand decks persist in changing titles and mixing imagery?This is very confusing, and in no way traditional. Please design any deck you want, but call it something else other than Lenormand.

Thank you.

Izzydunne

Tag_jorrit:

You are welcome. From my perspective, the fact that most American tarot readers who are producing the current flood of Lenormand decks, books, and courses never heard of the Lenormand until about 2 or 3 years ago, is rather sad and ironic.

theboomz

*drool*

This is lovely. I'm with the Place Pollack lovers, I have a place for this in my collection.
It's its own animal. I feel I must have every RM Place creature.

WooMonkey

*drool*

This is lovely. I'm with the Place Pollack lovers, I have a place for this in my collection.
It's its own animal. I feel I must have every RM Place creature.

I have also put in a pre-order. As you say, there is a place for it in my collection. Although I probably would have preferred something simpler, Place's artwork was compelling enough to get me to support it.
(Although I don't have every one of his creatures. :) )

Barleywine

Like many Lenormand readers, I prefer the images spare and clean to the point that I can instantly identify the cards in a spread. That's all, really, and the Burning Serpent meets those criteria. Alternative titles don't bother me, but I'm less tolerant of completely replacing the familiar images with something entirely different. Cases in point with the Burning Serpent are the Dead Tree (only the number gave it away) and the Owl and the Mouse (the owl was a clue, but the mouse was a puzzler). I did get a kick out the idea that, if the Birds indicate stresses and upsets of a minor nature, nobody told that mouse! Some of the other changes I'm OK with: the Girl and Boy card and Hermes, both of which I can handle; the rest are mainly title tweaks. I like the feel of the deck in-hand, both the size and the quality of the card stock.

I just got it last week, and think I'll be using it quite a bit.

Village Witch

My deck arrived today.

The Dead Tree as the Coffin doesn't bother me.

Owl and Mouse puzzled me as to why it is labeled as such, but I can live with it. I like Birds cards with two or more birds pictured. It's plural for a reason.

I agree that the Girl and Boy card are a bit creepy.

That the Fox is pictured in a city settling is a bit of a puzzle; but with some thought, it makes sense.

The Stars is the only card that doesn't do it at all for me. I don't get the symbolism, but I haven't read the book yet. That might help.

In my opinion, the Man and Woman cards look like they are from completely different eras. I am thinking of using Isis and Osiris as the man and woman. Haven't made up my mind yet. The only reason I would do so is that they play in to the Hermes card.

I don't much care for the Lilies card. I'm not used to seeing a person on the Lilies card.

After all the complaining I've done, I do like the deck and am glad I purchased it.

Village Witch

I'm only up to the Clouds card in the book that came with the deck. Seriously impressed! I'm feeling this is going to be my go-to deck for a long time to come. Remains to be seen.

Laura Borealis

I like Place's clean style; it would be perfect for a Lenormand deck, if he ever decides to do one.

Barleywine

I did two GT readings with it last week-end and it looks impressive all laid out. I find that it reads very well, all things considered.

Village Witch

I did two GT readings with it last week-end and it looks impressive all laid out. I find that it reads very well, all things considered.

What do you think of the size of the cards?

Although the cards are bigger than any other decks I own, they shuffle well and fit my hands. I personally prefer a poker sized deck.