Where to find astrological correspondences for every tarot card, please?

tarot_quest

Hi!

I got very nice readings or some take on my cards from ATers who used astrological correspondences for tarot cards. For example, one reader said that 5 of wands related to Venus in Aquarius.

However, I did not find any website during my Google search about those correspondences... I would really appreciate if someone could give me the link to a website to get them please. I also looked on AT, but did not find any threads for that topic in the archives. I like astrology and I would like to use these associations during my readings.

Thanks! :)

ChaosControl

It depends on which school of thought you follow. Many people use Crowley correspondences since the are the most widely available. You can find them on each card of his Thoth tarot. Also if you Google "thoth tarot" there are many articles which will give you his correspondences.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Zephyros

As ChaosControl said, most people use the Golden Dawn attributions, set out in the Tree of Life. Three Trumps don't have an astrological attribution, but an elemental one while The World does double duty as being both Earth as well as Saturn.

If you want more information about this and how it's used, you can find some here and here.

Fool: Air
Magician:Mercury
Priestess: Moon
Empress: Venus
Emperor: Aries
Hierophant: Taurus
Lovers: Gemini
Chariot: Cancer
Strength: Leo
Hermit: Virgo
Wheel of Fortune: Jupiter
Justice: Libra
Hanged Man: Water
Death: Scorpio
Temperance: Sagittarius
Devil: Capricorn
Tower: Mars
Star: Aquarius
Moon: Pisces
Sun: Sun
Judgement: Fire
The World: Earth/Saturn

tapasr_57772aeb7

As ChaosControl said, most people use the Golden Dawn attributions, set out in the Tree of Life. Three Trumps don't have an astrological attribution, but an elemental one while The World does double duty as being both Earth as well as Saturn.

If you want more information about this and how it's used, you can find some here and here.

Fool: Air
Magician:Mercury
Priestess: Moon
Empress: Venus
Emperor: Aries
Hierophant: Taurus
Lovers: Gemini
Chariot: Cancer
Strength: Leo
Hermit: Virgo
Wheel of Fortune: Jupiter
Justice: Libra
Hanged Man: Water
Death: Scorpio
Temperance: Sagittarius
Devil: Capricorn
Tower: Mars
Star: Aquarius
Moon: Pisces
Sun: Sun
Judgement: Fire
The World: Earth/Saturn
One can also substitute Neptune for the hanged man and Pluto for Judgement. There's a sort of connect between The Hanged Man and the Moon for example. Ditto for Death and Judgement.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Barleywine

One can also substitute Neptune for the hanged man and Pluto for Judgement. There's a sort of connect between The Hanged Man and the Moon for example. Ditto for Death and Judgement.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, and Uranus has been substituted for Air in the Fool. I'm still on the fence about where the modern planets should go (or whether they even should), but what's presented here is the longest-standing model as far as I know.

magicjack

The 5 of swords is Venus in Aquarius. I'm probably being a little too picky here. The golden dawn correspondences is what most people use. Right now I'm working with the Tarot of the Holy Light and my head is spinning. I go back and forth. Sometimes the astrology in tarot makes sense and sometimes it doesn't.

decan

Sometimes I think that each of the Major Arcanas could be correlated with Planets more than with Signs or Elements.
Ancient astrologers did this to describe the nature of each Fixed Star: for example Fomalhaut is said of the nature of Venus-Mercury.

Abrac

If the comment was from an ATer can you just ask them where they got that attribution? Venus in Aquarius isn't from the Golden Dawn or Crowley.

* Just read your post magicjack. It's possible the person got Wands confused with Swords.

Barleywine

If the comment was from an ATer can you just ask them where they got that attribution? Venus in Aquarius isn't from the Golden Dawn or Crowley.

* Just read your post magicjack. It's possible the person got Wands confused with Swords.

This from the Book of Thoth regarding the 5 of Swords:

"Geburah, as always, produces disruption; but as Venus here rules Aquarius, weakness rather than excess of strength seems the cause of disaster."

5 of Wands relates to Saturn in Leo.

decan

(...) 5 of Wands relates to Saturn in Leo.
Well, Saturn in Leo (in detriment) is really harsh, I am not sure that fits with the playful spirit in the card.
Anyway it is something interesting to consider!