9 of cups

Kelc

hi all... What are your thoughts on the 9 of cups in the outcome position of a reconciliation spread?
It's meant to be the 'Getting your wish' card but the man looks happy on his own?
Has anyone had any experiences to share on this card?
Thankyou all :)

oddsoul

Sure, the man does look happy, but I have always seen it as, here is this super happy guy ready to share his joy with those around him. I would see it in the outcome position as that a reconciliation is possible. But it also kind of depends on what the other cards in the spread are, as there could definitely be other ways to interpret the card!

Thirteen

Satisfaction

It's meant to be the 'Getting your wish' card but the man looks happy on his own?
Though this is a common interpretation for the card, it doesn't really mean that, per se. The 9/Cups really is a card about satisfaction. Particularly personal and emotional satisfaction (this is why some view the man on it as looking "smug"—satisfied).

People tend to read this card as if it's a magic lantern and whatever you're wishing for, you'll get. But that's not really it. First, the card isn't about "things." It's a Cups card. That's emotions. So if you're wishing for certain emotional connections or responses, then the card may give you your wish. But if you're wishing for things, then it's not likely to give you exactly what you're after (Pentacles is the suit of things).

So if you're wishing for a new car, and you get the 9/Cups, it's not likely that you'll get a new car (a thing). The 9/Cups indicates that what will come to you, be it a loaner car or used car or a bus pass, will give you satisfaction; this will replace the dissatisfaction you're feeling now.

Kelc

Sure, the man does look happy, but I have always seen it as, here is this super happy guy ready to share his joy with those around him. I would see it in the outcome position as that a reconciliation is possible. But it also kind of depends on what the other cards in the spread are, as there could definitely be other ways to interpret the card!

Hey oddsoul yes I can see what your saying I'm going to post the whole spread I think as I confused and all the cards matter
Thanks for answering :)

Kelc

Though this is a common interpretation for the card, it doesn't really mean that, per se. The 9/Cups really is a card about satisfaction. Particularly personal and emotional satisfaction (this is why some view the man on it as looking "smug"—satisfied).

People tend to read this card as if it's a magic lantern and whatever you're wishing for, you'll get. But that's not really it. First, the card isn't about "things." It's a Cups card. That's emotions. So if you're wishing for certain emotional connections or responses, then the card may give you your wish. But if you're wishing for things, then it's not likely to give you exactly what you're after (Pentacles is the suit of things).

So if you're wishing for a new car, and you get the 9/Cups, it's not likely that you'll get a new car (a thing). The 9/Cups indicates that what will come to you, be it a loaner car or used car or a bus pass, will give you satisfaction; this will replace the dissatisfaction you're feeling now.

Hey thirteen I like this interpretation and it makes sense.. I can see that both parties will end up happy either way, I'm going to post the whole reading as there's a lot of major arcana cards... Thanks for taking a look :)